Realistic January Signings?

4 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Seeing as we need a unit up front you’ve got to wonder why we released Nuhiu without a back up plan. 

We specifically need that kind of player but ideally one with more speed and agility. 

Sam Gallagher doesnt seem to play as much for Blackburn. Cosgrove at Aberdeen looks the part but presumably expensive.

Makes you wonder about any of our business in the summer 😳

CF   Griffiths ( the one at Lyon got a yard of pace about him has the ability to score goals and young enough to have a resale value)

CF     Georges Mikautadze ( out on loan in Belgium at moment from metz scored 15 goals in 11 games he plays like FF did for us in the first year great player in and around the box and great vision for a pass aswell)

LW     Bolasie  ( he was heading out on loan deadline day to Middlesbrough so would be available would have played for pulis before at Palace i would have thought aswell 31 would add experience and as long as he still has a yard or pace would be a great addition to squad out wide )

CM   Junihio Bacuna  ( at Huddersfield but in last year of his contract although I think they've started using him now would be competing with Luongo plays as a deep lying midfielder got an eye for a pass can put his foot in when needed to got a yard of pace and would chip in with goals aswell )

27 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Gestede's in Australia, but I've often wondered whether our signing him would rekindle that partnership with Rhodes and he'd then start banging them in again.

Plus he doesn’t fit the remit of pace, and power

• Like 1

Love how people say we need a pacey forward,when what we actually need is a forward that that has a decent goals per game ratio,pace alone means nowt take a look at Harris,no end product,pace to burn but a free transfer for a reason.

Some on OT proper spaff off on Steve Bruce,but his recruitment was a legacy were having to live through, and wait untill the contracts wind down so we can get shut as wel never sell them @ a profit,wed struggle to sell em even at a loss!

Unless he’s already found a club or gone back to his homeland, I wouldn’t mind another look at Jackson Irvine to fill one of those two CM gaps.

I’ve seen him play further forward supporting strikers and further back helping the defence in his previous teams. Not to mention he’s a big fella, likes to win headers, and works damn hard. I imagine he fits Pulis’s image of what he wants the squad to be in the centre of the park.

• Like 1

I'm not being disrespectful OP but I can't even bring myself to think about potential transfer targets. It's been almost impossible to predict since DC arrived.

I am however, looking forward to seeing a couple of windows under this manager, to see if he can assert himself on our recruitment. If he can, we may finally see some coherent transfer activity and squad building.

He's already made it crystal clear what type of player he likes. Plus, he  understands the importance of "identity" and a culture of hard work and commitment. 

Edited by Morepork

55 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I'm not being disrespectful OP but I can't even bring myself to think about potential transfer targets. It's been almost impossible to predict since DC arrived.

I am however, looking forward to seeing a couple of windows under this manager, to see if he can assert himself on our recruitment. If he can, we may finally see some coherent transfer activity and squad building.

He's already made it crystal clear what type of player he likes. Plus, he  understands the importance of "identity" and a culture of hard work and commitment. 

I think one thing is guaranteed. He will bring in a striker who actually plays that role. Not a full back or winger who he thinks might be able to. And one who knows where the bloody goal is

21 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Seeing as we need a unit up front you’ve got to wonder why we released Nuhiu without a back up plan. 

We specifically need that kind of player but ideally one with more speed and agility. 

Sam Gallagher doesnt seem to play as much for Blackburn. Cosgrove at Aberdeen looks the part but presumably expensive.

Every time I've seen Cosgrove I've wondered how he scores so many...