Imagine getting promoted and then having to watch stuff like this every week?

On 21/11/2020 at 20:01, @owlstalk said:

Honestly don't think I could cope with it

Soon as a defender sticks a leg out run into it, fall over and act like you've broken your leg

It's not football is it? It's amateur dramatics and a total nonsense

And then VAR

Sod that - let's just have top 6 finishes in this division please and exciting players to watch

Take it you won’t be going to watch us at the playoff final then :pulis:

• Haha 2

In my opinion this league is garbage except for 2 or 3 teams 

How many teams have come to Hillsborough over the years and you have thought blimey these are good ?

Even with the messiah Carlos didn't we go a full month and have just one shot on target or something?

Saturdays game ,one shot on target between  both sides !!

• Like 1

On 21/11/2020 at 20:21, bigdan2003 said:

Agree. I do wonder why I want Wednesday to be up there. Don’t get me wrong it’d be awesome for the first 1 or 2 seasons...but what is there in the EPL other than the same old teams competing at the top, and the sort of nonsense Owlstalk admin has highlighted. 

At the moment about £100m

• Like 1

The player never touched him before he tumbled (dived) to the floor, being Villa that doesn’t surprise me, they all take lessons from Grealish. What did surprise me is the so called experts saying it was definitely a penalty even when they can see he never touched him. This kind of “football” is ruining the game for many people, me included.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

The player never touched him before he tumbled (dived) to the floor, being Villa that doesn’t surprise me, they all take lessons from Grealish. What did surprise me is the so called experts saying it was definitely a penalty even when they can see he never touched him. This kind of “football” is ruining the game for many people, me included.

All part of the modern game, brought in by Foreign players and coaches + changes to the Laws of the game to enhance attacking football over the last 20+ years.

Guest Bulgaria
On 22/11/2020 at 01:33, marconi said:

Not the only one, match of the day and efl on quest was littered with them.

No yellow cards issued for simulation either.

Should be a three game ban for obvious dives. It’s killing the game.

It's now unfortunately just part of the game.

If the powers that be wanted to eradicate it, they could.  Most of the airtime, whether it be t.v or radio is taken up with chat about fouls, dives, handballs and other inane bullshiit.

I've no doubt that football computer games will have buttons to press for diving in the near future.

It's shiit.

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The fans don't need 100m
It wouldn't affect us in the slightest

Chansiri says he's spent hundreds of millions on Sheffield Wednesday

Why do the fans need us to get 100m?

Indeed. All this " we get millions if we get to the premiership" No we don't.....the owner and players do.

All us fans get is higher ticket prices.

I agree we should bin VAR. It was worth a try but it hasn't worked out.

Every decision is questioned  and the fans of the team who have the goal disallowed or the penalty cancelled feel hard done by but nobody mentions the relief of the other set of fans. Fans feeling hard done by is good TV and media fodder. The media love a 'talking point' they milk it for all it's worth.

It's not the overturned decisions that hack me off it's the delay. If we score, the crowd go mental, that is the true moment of pure joy in football, you just react, those moments are priceless. VAR takes that away. The ball goes in the back of the net.........then you take a deep breath and wait to see if it's allowed ot not, then you do what? You can't really go mental, the moment is gone, the spontaneity has passed. That's why VAR needs to go.

• Like 4

It's odd. I want to see us back in the premier League playing the likes of Man U, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool etc. 

But premier League football bores me to death. And VAR is the worst thing implemented into the modern game. I couldn't have imagined how bad it would be. It's not the technology, it's the usage.  The use when there has been a clear and obvious mistake is simply ignored and it's destroyed the game completely. 

I hope it never makes it into the EFL

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
4 minutes ago, prowl said:

It's not the overturned decisions that hack me off it's the delay. If we score, the crowd go mental, that is the true moment of pure joy in football, you just react, those moments are priceless. VAR takes that away. The ball goes in the back of the net.........then you take a deep breath and wait to see if it's allowed ot not, then you do what? You can't really go mental, the moment is gone, the spontaneity has passed. That's why VAR needs to go.

Spot on.

I feel the opposite in many respects.

The quality of some of the matches outside of the Premier League is absolutely diabolical.  We are a great example - our matches are almost always awful.  Same for many clubs at this level.  I have seen quite a few Lg 2 and 1 matches in the last few years (MK Dons which is easy for me to get to if we aren't playing or away) and the standard of football is truly terrible.  No flair, creativity ,  stale football.  

The Premier League has evolved into a faster, attacking, more creative league with even teams like West Ham under Moyes now playing some good football.  Villa have been brilliant when I have seen them.  Leeds are great to watch.  I have no issues with VAR or diving if the football is fast, fluent and attacking.  

• Like 3

Broadly agree with the general trend on here. 
The Prem is actually a bit poo really and being there would be less exciting than the journey to get there. 
Don’t think we will get there in my lifetime anyway (I’m nearly 50) so it’s not really anything to worry about. 
As for VAR it kind of has killed the game but it’s only a bullet into what was already a twitching corpse. 
I’ve always been a Wednesday fan not really a football fan. I stopped watch MOTD when I stopped drinking at home (5yrs ago). Once I watched it sober I realised I’d rather be in bed. 
I think there is a generational thing to this though. My kids watch everything on their phones and the constant rewinds and reviews appeal to how they consume media. I am past it really and not the target market for the Premier League. 
I am Wednesday till I die and will watch us every game regardless of where we play. Other than that footy as I knew it is already dead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/11/2020 at 23:33, marconi said:

Not the only one, match of the day and efl on quest was littered with them.

No yellow cards issued for simulation either.

Should be a three game ban for obvious dives. It’s killing the game.

I said that on Saturday.  Refs gotta do something.

Maybe players are taking advantage of not having any reaction from the crowd.  Not that they care nowadays anyway.