Imagine getting promoted and then having to watch stuff like this every week?

What if they bring VAR into the Championship? Will most of us rather be in the third or fourth tiers? :duntmatter::ghoulguy:

To be honest, I loathe what the top flight as become. The competitiveness of it as been eroded year upon year, whilst the money involved and the hype surrounding it as increased yearly. Despite my dislike for the Premier League, Champions League and the elite clubs, I still want to see Wednesday doing well again.

I miss the days when we were decent in the 80s and 90s during my childhood. When we had top class players and gave the top teams a game. I'm realistic enough to realise it won't be the same, whenever we do get back but what's the point of following a sport or a team, if we don't want to succeed? 

Football as got worse in a lot of ways over time, especially with kick off times and I still don't like how football carried on spending hundreds of millions, even without fans and during a worldwide crisis. Fans are taken for mugs and football seems out of touch and selfish. 

Even though I dislike elite football and football hasn't been the same ever since the top flight and the old European Cup were rebranded, I still wish to see Wednesday go back up again during my lifetime. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Speaking as someone who has enjoyed very few Wednesday matches over the last few seasons, I would be more than happy with a season or two of Premier League football.  With the exception of VAR, I find it more entertaining on the whole.

Hi mate

I just can't get on with it.

I think most of the games are pretty dull affairs on the whole

Of course I'd love us to be promoted but fully expect that when we get there the 'event' will eclipse the actual footballing side of things. 

The thought of more diving, play acting, VAR, not knowing if we should bother celebrating goals before the VAR check etc - just sucks

Owlstalk Shop

I think would depend on what type of Wednesday side got promoted. Your best chance of getting a foothold in the top flight, is to go up with players who were probably too good for the championship, as Wolves did. They bought/loaned in real quality, most of whom were not out of place in the top flight. They also had a top manager and a clear way of playing. Also, sides with a nucleus of home grown players tend to do well, perhaps because they are on an upward curve, and haven’t picked up too many lower league “bad habits” 

United bucked the trend last season when they did fantastically well in their first season when, by promoted clubs standards, in terms of quality, they had a very average looking squad, but a good coach, and a good game plan. They now have better players, but have maybe been found out tactics wise. It might be difficult for them to stay up this time, but they would have a tremendous squad in the championship if they come back down

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think would depend on what type of Wednesday side got promoted. Your best chance of getting a foothold in the top flight, is to go up with players who were probably too good for the championship, as Wolves did. They bought/loaned in real quality, most of whom were not out of place in the top flight. They also had a top manager and a clear way of playing. Also, sides with a nucleus of home grown players tend to do well, perhaps because they are on an upward curve, and haven’t picked up too many lower league “bad habits” 

United bucked the trend last season when they did fantastically well in their first season when, by promoted clubs standards, in terms of quality, they had a very average looking squad, but a good coach, and a good game plan. They now have better players, but have maybe been found out tactics wise. It might be difficult for them to stay up this time, but they would have a tremendous squad in the championship if they come back down

United look like replicating Huddersfield a solid first season followed by an absolute mare second. Interesting to see if all their best players run for the hills if they get relegated as happened at The Dog ........

3 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

United look like replicating Huddersfield a solid first season followed by an absolute mare second. Interesting to see if all their best players run for the hills if they get relegated as happened at The Dog ........

Yes that will be the test

19 hours ago, cross owl said:

It is a **** product and I want them relegated purely because I am a spiteful wednesdayite and I love and hate our derby matches in equal measure . Wanting them out of the bank of prem is nothing like thinking its a good place to be . Its not a sport in the prem its a printing press .

Another one who wanted us to lose the playoff final 

2 hours ago, the monk said:

Another one who wanted us to lose the playoff final 

Not even close to being true . Just because I dislike what sky are turning football into and want the best product for people at home rather than the paying fan in no way does that mean I wouldn't want to give the top six a run for their money on the pitch and would not be in the mess we are in now . 

Prem has been very odd.  Its obviously strange as I am not sat in the stands...one of the best things about getting back there is seeing the best players in the flesh again....we arnt seeing that, just watching on telly.  For me, Leeds are actually playing better football than the opposition in every game atm.

Couple of points-

1-  Penalties decide so many games....its mad.

2-  VAR...what the fizz.  It does absolutely nothing for football fans.

3-  Something I had never considered before, in the championship you play Sat/Sun  then Tues/weds most of the time....in the prem it actually feels an age before you play again.  We played Friday other week, then the next game was a week on Monday.  Proper drags.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Hi mate

I just can't get on with it.

I think most of the games are pretty dull affairs on the whole

Of course I'd love us to be promoted but fully expect that when we get there the 'event' will eclipse the actual footballing side of things

The thought of more diving, play acting, VAR, not knowing if we should bother celebrating goals before the VAR check etc - just sucks

I agree that novelty will soon wear off, but getting there would be a great season in itself. I’m with you on VAR, but think we’re starting to see almost as much diving and play acting in Championship, but without the level of technical ability.

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

I agree that novelty will soon wear off, but getting there would be a great season in itself. I’m with you on VAR, but think we’re starting to see almost as much diving and play acting in Championship, but without the level of technical ability.

ha ha so true!

Rubbish diving

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

On 25/11/2020 at 14:05, Leeds U from sheff said:

3-  Something I had never considered before, in the championship you play Sat/Sun  then Tues/weds most of the time....in the prem it actually feels an age before you play again.  We played Friday other week, then the next game was a week on Monday.  Proper drags.

So you made us your second team.lol