Imagine getting promoted and then having to watch stuff like this every week?

2 minutes ago, OxfordOwl said:

I don't think any of us need  to be remotely worried about the EPL;  for the forseeable future at any rate.

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Honestly don't think I could cope with it

Soon as a defender sticks a leg out run into it, fall over and act like you've broken your leg

It's not football is it? It's amateur dramatics and a total nonsense

And then VAR

Sod that - let's just have top 6 finishes in this division please and exciting players to watch

I don't think we should worry mate. We aren't going anywhere near the EPL anytime soon. As a club we look further away than we did under Irvine and Turner. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

That dive is horrendous. 

Not the only one, match of the day and efl on quest was littered with them.

No yellow cards issued for simulation either.

Should be a three game ban for obvious dives. It’s killing the game.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I disagree

Same here. As long as we're good to watch, entertaining, get a good match day experience and financially okay then I'd rather stay in the Championship. Granted we probably don't have any of those at the moment but I'd prioritise them over promotion. I hate the Premier League, VAR and how the game is approached in that division. Complete turn off for me. But then we do have to put up with a lot of c**p in the Championship as well. But at least we don't have VAR. *shudder*

Edited by Owl Be Back
  • Like 1

Since I became an adult in 1999 we have been mostly shocking, that means I've very rarely been able to have a celebratory pint.

I remember consoling myself after snatching a draw from the jaws of victory in the 3-3 at Pride Park and thinking it will be alright. We will be back in no time.

Since then, smart phones, electric cars, electric cigarettes, 3D printing have all been invented amongst others.

The VAR, the playacting and the massive money involved is the least of our concerns.

I'm believe we need a Printer that is capable of re-spawning our entire squad of the early 90s before we need to worry about that.

• Haha 2

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

PL bores the life out of me. All tippy tappy airy fairy crap, full of players with the character of a lump of wood. I love the chase of getting there, but the thought of seeing us play that shiite every week doesn’t interest me. The championship is the most exciting league in the country (except for our games...).

The premiership is nothing like how we left it . It was still a game then but now it's just a toy that only very loosely resembles a sport . All we will ever be is relegation fodder like the other dozen teams just trying not to be relegated every year . It will only get worse . Every ball that goes in the net , don't cheer until its been checked and by that time the moment has gone . I can deal with refs making honest mistakes but the computerisation of football , sorry you can shove it.   

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2