Darren Potter

6 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Do you think wherever he's leaving he'll exit the door sideways and hit the doorframe on his first three attempts? 

I love these comments on here and he came back with Mk Dons we sat off him because "its only sideways Darren Potter" and he killed us with his range of passing, commanded midfield 

A much much better player than these pages give him credit for enjoy your retirement Darren Potter 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Surprised the substitution Teale for Sedgwick with 15 to go had no impact.

:duntmatter:

All 3 corners were cleared at the near post by Rhodes, combine that with the day he ripped us to shreds in the 4-4 draw and he has been far more productive in a Huddersfield shirt at Hillsborough than he has been in a Wednesday shirt! 

5 hours ago, Nut said:

I had absolutely no recollection of that and had to google it. Hopefully the lack of memory is down to the alcohol I drank on the day and the fact that it was such a horrific time rather than Alzheimers but not remembering a goal against the pigs in a match I went to is a bit scary. 

Wouldn't worry, I cant remember it either 

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How do you know the person you're saying that to doesn't have dyslexia or a disability?

How do you know Darren Potter doesn't read Owlstalk?

If he did and saw Derbyshireowl3 calling him shít, how upset would he be?

• Love 1

6 hours ago, owls-swfc said:

I'd love to see a video of those 3 concecutive corners Potter did (this feat is only surpassed by the Colin West penalty FFS)! 

surely not worst than the 10-15 corners we had at blackburn away before xmas 2019 , the colin west pen though is still rising i dreamt it cleared the roof it was that bad. 

42 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I love these comments on here and he came back with Mk Dons we sat off him because "its only sideways Darren Potter" and he killed us with his range of passing, commanded midfield 

A much much better player than these pages give him credit for enjoy your retirement Darren Potter 

A much, much better player than most managers in the Football League gave him credit for too. Apart from the managers of footballing giants such as MK Dons, Rotherham, Tranmere and Altrincham.

:duntmatter:

I'll always remember a match away at Watford that was on Sky.

The pundit tipped Potter ans JOC to control the midfiled against the inexperienced and young pairing of Lansbury and Cleverly, who were on loan from Arsenal and Man U.

Lansbury and Cleverly ran rings around Potter and JOC and I think we lost 2-0.

Shows what the Sky pundit knew!

This thread has made interesting reading. I remember all the stick Potter used to get and tbh I never thought he was anything like as bad as he was painted. People said he never got a tackle in but the stats said he made more tackles and interceptions than anyone else in the team. People said he only passed sideways but there are some very good players with big reputations (Butch Wilkins, Joe Allen) who made a living out of receiving and recycling balls quickly. Pelupessy is often accused of only passing sideways but that seems to be because his passing just isn't very good - whereas Potter showed for other clubs that his passing was sound.

However, it spoke volumes that one of Megson's first moves was to get rid of Potter (and Michael Morrison).

It also spoke volumes that both players were then voted into the League 1 team of the year and both had long careers at this level (and above in Morrison's case).

The general perception isn't always completely correct - unless we're talking about Bothroyd.