Darren Potter

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Those three corners will go down in history.

One of the great worst games I've ever seen.

The roar of anticipation as he went to take the third one, followed by a crescendo of boos as he fooked it for the third time in a row.

In the same game, Sedgewick tried to hit a half volley from about 35 yards out. Hit it is so bad, the ball went in the South Stand. Bloke in front burst out laughing.

Those were the days.

37 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Wha?

The enigmatic, but talented forward and the bang average sideways passing, three corners of doom holding midfield? 

Outside them of both having heads, I cant for the life of me get that comparison.

I meant visually rather than style 

Sibon = unplayable on his day, loved him

Potter = Bobbins. Mr invisible 

58 minutes ago, overlandandsea said:

Other than a goal v that lot at Hillsborough I cant remember a single decent thing he did for us 

I had absolutely no recollection of that and had to google it. Hopefully the lack of memory is down to the alcohol I drank on the day and the fact that it was such a horrific time rather than Alzheimers but not remembering a goal against the pigs in a match I went to is a bit scary. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 11.35.54.jpg

Utter garbage for us. I actually hate Wolves because of him. Could never understand what his positives were, he was so poor at everything football related.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 11.35.54.jpg

And to think some moan about Pellupessy.

Christ, that was a bad time.

6 minutes ago, BIG D said:

He used to pass the ball 10 yards sidewards then run towards the same player whilst pointing at the ball.

Other than his goal against the Scrubbers and his 3 corners that's all I can remember about him.

Receive the ball again and pass it back to said player...

Proper Chuckle Brothers football

Edited by Anthndav
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

I wasn’t there and never saw any footage of threecornersgate. Is there any out there ?

I don’t think so. I can’t remember who it was against. It was in Irvine’s final days as manager. We had become an absolute joke and the apathy around us was so much that everyone started laughing when the third corner hit the first man. 

Potter was half decent when he first came on loan. Then we signed him permanently and he struggled. I remember him then signing for MK Dons and playing very well against us at Hillsborough. I think like many at that time his confidence was shot at Wednesday. 

• Like 2