Darren Potter

So called 'fans' falling over themselves to talk about the worst things Potter ever did.   Echos the Forestieri thread that's just been started.

I'm not surprised Wednesday can't sign any decent players.    Do we have any players in the current team that Wednesdayites actually rate?   Dawson is rubbish, Patterson rubbish, Reach useless, Rhodes waste of space,  Pelupessey 4th division standard.    Thought everything was going to be just tickety boo once Carlos went.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Still have nightmares over him and JOC running around with bandages on their heads as Palace relegated us.

Is that because they bumped into each other?

11 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

So called 'fans' falling over themselves to talk about the worst things Potter ever did.   Echos the Forestieri thread that's just been started.

I'm not surprised Wednesday can't sign any decent players.    Do we have any players in the current team that Wednesdayites actually rate?   Dawson is rubbish, Patterson rubbish, Reach useless, Rhodes waste of space,  Pelupessey 4th division standard.    Thought everything was going to be just tickety boo once Carlos went.

Think you're being just a tad dramatic/oversensitive 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, SiJ said:

Still have nightmares over him and JOC running around with bandages on their heads as Palace relegated us.

I have seen some poo over the years including the seventies but I’ve never been more pissed off ever with a player than Potter against Palace. 

Strolled around like it was a friendly ffs. The sort of player who goes missing when you need to grind out a result. 

Awful player. 

And don’t get me started on his corners. Shambolic is too polite. 

10 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I have seen some poo over the years including the seventies but I’ve never been more pissed off ever with a player than Potter against Palace. 

Strolled around like it was a friendly ffs. The sort of player who goes missing when you need to grind out a result. 

Awful player. 

That match V Palace tho’

Clarke scores and breaks his toe celebrating so misses 2nd half. The state of us full stop.  That “header” by Jeffers.....

I LOVE THIS CLUB!

:duntmatter:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BIG D said:

He used to pass the ball 10 yards sidewards then run towards the same player whilst pointing at the ball.

Other than his goal against the Scrubbers and his 3 corners that's all I can remember about him.

To be fair he also had the backwards pass to Tommy Spurr at left-back. Potter would then fail to show or make space for a pass resulting in an hopeful/aimless hoof up the line from Spurr.

Great times!

Yes he scored a decent goal agains the blunts, but he was awful that game. We were supposedly fighting for our lives and he was a passenger for that game, him scoring masked that a bit. Some used to knock O’Connor but he always put a shift  in and for me he was doing the work for Potter as well.

I wish  Potter well in his retirement, but he was very poor for most part for Wednesday in my opinion.

39 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Awful player. 

He was exactly the same in the game against the blunts, but he scored so people forget about that. In fact to my mind he used to stroll around a lot not doing a great deal.

2 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

The 3 corners were v Huddersfield I think. 

That's what I thought, found it on the bbc website, the live text shows 3 'in swinging corners' taking consecutively by Potter, all cleared at the near post! 😂

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/9119093.stm

One of my mates who had been going for more than 2 decades upped and left as soon as the second goal went in and has rarely been back since. 

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That's what I thought, found it on the bbc website, the live text shows 3 'in swinging corners' taking consecutively by Potter, all cleared at the near post! 😂

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/9119093.stm

One of my mates who had been going for more than 2 decades upped and left as soon as the second goal went in and has rarely been back since. 

Surprised the substitution Teale for Sedgwick with 15 to go had no impact.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1