YOU GET PIGEONHOLED

15 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I just feel that if he had any hair he would pull it out trying to sort this lot out.

He will struggle to find the type of characters and winners he likes at the club.

Will have to bring in two or three he knows in January 

In the Tony Pulis Oxford Q&A video, Tony told a story about Ricardo Fuller and said that Ricardo told him that his biggest problem was that he worries too much and that's why you don't have any hair.:pulis: 

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

I just feel that if he had any hair he would pull it out trying to sort this lot out.

He will struggle to find the type of characters and winners he likes at the club.

Will have to bring in two or three he knows in January 

I'll be surprised if he hadn't already been looking at videos and looking at areas of concern that need strengthening. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'll be surprised if he hadn't already been looking at videos and looking at areas of concern that need strengthening. 

It’s more the mentality issue, he refers to winners and character.

As a club we struggle with this and I can’t get my head around why.

Is it something the player just has or can a manager instil it.

We take winners and turn them into wimps. We did that with Dave Jones for example. He played lots of games in a successful Burnley side under a very competitive manager and we turned him into a girls blouse.

I just think within half a dozen games he will see the issue , probably already knows it.

We have a ridiculous foul and card count yet are the most naive and bullied team in the league.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

It’s more the mentality issue, he refers to winners and character.

As a club we struggle with this and I can’t get my head around why.

Is it something the player just has or can a manager instil it.

We take winners and turn them into wimps. We did that with Dave Jones for example. He played lots of games in a successful Burnley side under a very competitive manager and we turned him into a girls blouse.

I just think within half a dozen games he will see the issue , probably already knows it.

We have a ridiculous foul and card count yet are the most naive and bullied team in the league.

Burnley must have seen us coming with that signing.

An absolute bust flush of a player. 

Still sends a shudder down my spine.

Especially Dyches parting thank you "We can't stand in his way or match what Sheffield Wednesday can give him"

• Haha 1

Well you tend to get pigeonholed when you've done the same thing a few times don't you?

That said, I've got no problem if we're playing high tempo stuff and getting the ball slung in their box..

I know one thing I prefer seeing the ball in their box more than seeing it near ours.  

Then again when I first started going Howard were manager and I found it right exciting. Whenever I saw a ball being driven towards Chapmans head in were out me seat. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

19 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

......But I tell you what I do – I go into football clubs, I try to find out what systems suit the players and I try to get the damnedest out of those players.

Strange coincidence he goes into a club, assess the players to find out what system suits them and then comes to the conclusion they will play exactly the same system he has done at every other club.

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

Then again when I first started going Howard were manager and I found it right exciting. Whenever I saw a ball being driven towards Chapmans head in were out me seat. 

Yes, it's quite funny how our perception of the style can change if we have that one player who can actually do something up front. I think Pulis would have liked to have Fletcher here right now.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

In the Tony Pulis Oxford Q&A video, Tony told a story about Ricardo Fuller and said that Ricardo told him that his biggest problem was that he worries too much and that's why you don't have any hair.:pulis: 

A Jamaican telling you, you worry you too much lolololololol!!!! They're born horizontal, are buried horizontal and seldom change orientation in between 🙂 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

Yes, it's quite funny how our perception of the style can change if we have that one player who can actually do something up front. I think Pulis would have liked to have Fletcher here right now.

I was thinking this yesterday, would suit his style of striker to a tee in this division.

• Like 2