YOU GET PIGEONHOLED

23 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

I'm not sure he's inherited a group of players the pass and move game suits either has he?

A back four of Palmer, Iorfa, Borner and Penney are as comfortable on the ball as you would expect of defenders at this level. Bannan, Luongo and Brown are certainly capable of pass and move.

The forwards? Well let’s just say, they are better with balls into feet, than they are challenging for long balls Not perfect, I agree, but if you play to the strengths of what you have at your disposal, even a fool can see that hoof ball is ill suited. Will Pulis figure that out, I’m not sure

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

A back four of Palmer, Iorfa, Borner and Penney are as comfortable on the ball as you would expect of defenders at this level. Bannan, Luongo and Brown are certainly capable of pass and move.

The forwards? Well let’s just say, they are better with balls into feet, than they are challenging for long balls Not perfect, I agree, but if you play to the strengths of what you have at your disposal, even a fool can see that hoof ball is ill suited. Will Pulis figure that out, I’m not sure

Fair enough mate. Cheers for thought out post.

I still think there's a difference between direct football and big boot though.

Though I aint got the skills to type what that is! 😄

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

55 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It would be interesting to hear from those who support the appointment of Pulis, do you agree that he is unfairly pigeonholed, or do you believe that the perceived way he plays, is exactly what’s needed for the club at this moment in time

I didn't want Pulis at first to be honest. But I'm willing to give him a chance. I think he's unfairly pigeonholed, has he has at least tried adapting and used different formations at various clubs. To me his experience should help but in more of a Bruce or Warnock way, has he seems to be a manager with a decent pedigree but appears willing to freshen his outlook and approach. Pulis' appointment to me as a feel of the Bruce appointment. Hopefully Pulis can prove his doubters wrong and see out what Bruce set out to do and looked like achieving in time. If Pulis does that, he'll win the fans over and become a modern legend. 

3 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

I didn't want Pulis at first to be honest. But I'm willing to give him a chance. I think he's unfairly pigeonholed, has he has at least tried adapting and used different formations at various clubs. To me his experience should help but in more of a Bruce or Warnock way, has he seems to be a manager with a decent pedigree but appears willing to freshen his outlook and approach. Pulis' appointment to me as a feel of the Bruce appointment. Hopefully Pulis can prove his doubters wrong and see out what Bruce set out to do and looked like achieving in time. If Pulis does that, he'll win the fans over and become a modern legend. 

You are probably right, and in truth, he has likely been appointed for other virtues, rather than his tactical innovation on the pitch Do we need some of that other stuff, yeah for sure we do. As much as I hated the football under Megson, there were a lot of significant improvements he made in terms of attitude and desire. Pulis will definitely bring some of that, and he is a more proficient coach than Megson ever was. His tactics, on previous evidence, have largely become obsolete nowadays, so it will be interesting to see if he’s adapted to these changing times. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

You are probably right, and in truth, he has likely been appointed for other virtues, rather than his tactical innovation on the pitch Do we need some of that other stuff, yeah for sure we do. As much as I hated the football under Megson, there were a lot of significant improvements he made in terms of attitude and desire. Pulis will definitely bring some of that, and he is a more proficient coach than Megson ever was. His tactics, on previous evidence, have largely become obsolete nowadays, so it will be interesting to see if he’s adapted to these changing times. 

Aye, I see some similarities to Megson and Bruce. Has they both made significant improvements and changes at the time. I think Pulis as reliable, knowledgeable and innovative coaches like Bruce had. In time hopefully he should improve the set up, if his experience helps and he adapts, then it could be a smart appointment like what Bruce seemed to be at the time. We should at least be able to see a strategy and a way forward under Pulis, that didn't seem to be evident with Monk, as it didn't seem clear what Monk was trying to do. 

• Like 1

I don't care if we play what the purists call dinosaur football . I want opposition teams and fans to think b####x we've got wednesday next . Not , fantastic easy points we've got the headless chickens from Sheffield up next that should end our ten million defeats on the trot . Whatever works is fine by me . I don't go to watch us play like all the best teams on the planet combined I go to watch us stick it in the oppositions net . If we had the cash of Tottenham and just rebuilt our ground and had a squad of international stars and we got pulis I'd not be overly happy . As it is for us in our position I think its a decent appointment . The only style of play I dislike is a style that gets us hammered by other sides . Any style that gets three points is great and if it narks the purists from the powerhouses of brentford and forest when they play us then all is good .