Season ticket refund

2 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Did you purchase your ticket on a credit card?

I did and I have already got my refund from them ...I'm talking about fans that want to go next season , I will pay on the day IF Chansiri goes then possibly go back to getting a season ticket 

Chansiri has ruined the club and lost hundreds if not thousands of fans for the forceable future and he doesn't seem to be bothered.

21 minutes ago, Watto said:

I did and I have already got my refund from them ...I'm talking about fans that want to go next season , I will pay on the day IF Chansiri goes then possibly go back to getting a season ticket 

Chansiri has ruined the club and lost hundreds if not thousands of fans for the forceable future and he doesn't seem to be bothered.

I'm in the same mindset as you. I've got my refund back for this season via a section 75. I was in two minds about doing it but then thought how I no longer feel a part of this club with Chansiri in charge. I've not missed going to the games and would think twice about paying £555 for Championship football with this squad and certainly wouldn't pay it for League One football.

• Like 1

I wrote to the EFL on this matter.

Without disclosing the club name, I asked if the EFL would consider bringing in rules that prevent this sort of action where clubs are basically using customer money without offering anything in return, despite all the promises. After all, FFP has no small impact on how clubs must behave financially.

Given that the EFL get into hissy fits over players and staff not getting paid, annual accounts, FFP and other financial issues, I would have thought it reasonable that they would at least offer some support for the customers by including rules to cover this. After all, we have a club here that isn't honouring the purchases that many thousands of people have made. 

I did receive a reply from the EFL (edited):-

"...all ticketing matters are dealt with at the discretion of the Club and in line with their ticketing terms and conditions. As individual businesses, these terms and conditions may vary from Club to Club and therefore you would need to formally continue any dialogue you may have with your Club."

Fobbed off by the club and now fobbed off by the EFL. Why does that not surprise me?

Football is rapidly losing its appeal.

14 hours ago, bradowl said:

Most çlubs hadn't put season tickets on sale for this season. 

I know some clubs have been reluctant to refund fans for remaining games of last season. 

My mate at work said he hasn't heard anything from sufc regarding his season ticket though another blades fan says it's going towards credit for next season's season ticket. 

I'm more than happy for mine to roll over to next season even though it's likely to be league one, it still works out at £20 per game which isn't too bad I suppose. 

Some of info regarding credit towards your next season ticket is in here.....

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/202021-season-supporter-update/

Actually my "pig mate' got his refund almost straight away and his season ticket ( when he went before covid ) was cheaper then mine for Top flight football.

Our owner is taken the pìss and you only have to look at his past record regarding shirt launches etc to know he is a fool.

Chansiri is literally that bloke that really couldn't organise a pìss up in a brewery. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 16/03/2021 at 10:35, Watto said:

How is fair to charge this season's ticket prices same as next in League one ?

Chansiri would be very pleased if everyone took your stance 

I didn't say how fair it was, I just said I was happy to pay £20 per game on kop in whichever league we're in next season. 

If you used a credit card to purchase your season ticket for this season and want your money back, then go on the credit card website and look for the Section 75 form. Complete it for a charge back with details of the date of purchase and value, which will credit your card within a week or so. I used it as I'm not paying for this crap.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

If you used a credit card to purchase your season ticket for this season and want your money back, then go on the credit card website and look for the Section 75 form. Complete it for a charge back with details of the date of purchase and value, which will credit your card within a week or so. I used it as I'm not paying for this crap.

Did it last September.

I was prepared to give the club a chance to at least put something forward, but it appears they're going to hang on to the bitter end in the hope they can squeeze another season of stupid prices out of us.

I think my mind is made up now and I'll be going after my cash tomorrow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Never knew that what a new surprise for everyone...

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

How does that affect people who have used ifollow.

If you have used ifollow that is supposed to come off season ticket money, then get it back through section 75 then you've effectively had ifollow for free.

I think if you deduct the value of anything you have used you should get the difference.

56 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Whoop - Whoop - Whoop - Whoop - Whoop!!!!!!!

Just had the call, a lovely lady rang and said we would be refunded in 3 - 5 working days!

Bladeshater will be so pleased for me, I bet he is welling up.

Overjoyed pal I think I will do a bit more decorating in celebration

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Overjoyed pal I think I will do a bit more decorating in celebration

I'm picturing that scene on the Royle Family, where Jim and Twiggy are scraping the wallpaper to Mambo No. 5. lol

A little bit of Monica in my life

A little bit of Erica by side......

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Whoop - Whoop - Whoop - Whoop - Whoop!!!!!!!

Just had the call, a lovely lady rang and said we would be refunded in 3 - 5 working days!

Bladeshater will be so pleased for me, I bet he is welling up.

You now have to wait 211 days for the cash 😆🤣

• Haha 2