Pulis in before the weekend

Delusional thinking Ryan Lowe could come in here and do this job,  we talk as if we’re a fan base that will give him time to do that ?  People really need to grasp the fact that relegation is highly likely and we’re in a full on scrap to survive with this squad

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

very worrying. 

Another manager on a downwards trajectory just like Monk. Favours turgid negative football like Monk, albeit with a far better record than Monk. He got results in the past but it's been a fair while since he was doing a good job and seems to be on a steady decline. 

I think he’s a cracking appointment and I’d be delighted to have him. This is a complete change of stance for me. After Bruce resigned I thought Pulis wasn’t the man to pick up the great work Bruce had started. Never wanted Monk but that’s a different thread. 

We are in a relegation dog fight with a very limited squad of players, 
Pulis will get them organised, difficult to beat and hopefully make us an uglier team that defends well and puts teams under pressure by playing as much of the game in the oppositions final third as possible. 

I’ve also listened to quite a few podcasts when his ex players have spoken about his methods in a very positive way, granted most of these were from his Stoke days but it gives a very good insight to how he keeps his squads happy and how tough his training sessions are and how fit his teams were. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I like Chansiri and I hope he does read owlstalk.

If you make Tony Pulis our Manager then unfortunately I will have to say.

CHANSIRI OUT !!!

I REALLY don't want that but as a season ticket holder I'd feel he's lost his way and I'm not paying for that crap.

Really really hope it doesn't happen. Would never be given a chance tbf.

I can't say strongly enough. 

One more thing since Carlos first season the style of football has been dross. If we get Pulis it will confirm this is down to CHANSIRI and he'd need to go for me it's Sheffield Wednesday FOOTBALL club 

Can you imagine the poor buggies who pay on the day paying that much for his crap!!!

Please don't do it Chansiri I want to believe in you !

Just now, ashley8 said:

I like Chansiri and I hope he does read owlstalk.

If you make Tony Pulis our Manager then unfortunately I will have to say.

CHANSIRI OUT !!!

I REALLY don't want that but as a season ticket holder I'd feel he's lost his way and I'm not paying for that crap.

Really really hope it doesn't happen. Would never be given a chance tbf.

I can't say strongly enough. 

One more thing since Carlos first season the style of football has been dross. If we get Pulis it will confirm this is down to CHANSIRI and he'd need to go for me it's Sheffield Wednesday FOOTBALL club 

Can you imagine the poor buggies who pay on the day paying that much for his crap!!!

Please don't do it Chansiri I want to believe in you !

Don’t do it? He’s getting measured up for the cap as we speak. 

• Haha 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

“Tony Pulis came in, so right up my street,” Bannan said, sarcastically.

He grabbed me in half way through the season and was like, if I was managing a team that was going to play football you would be the first name in my team but we’re fighting for our lives so..'

So I knew from then on that this wasn’t going to be the club for me.

“I can safely say that the two managers that came in during my time there, after Holloway (Pulis and Neil Warnock), were probably, in my eyes, the worst managers for the way I play.”

Let’s appoint a manager that’s gonna bow to the playing style of Barry Bannan then ?  

this very consistent player that more often than not wins us games ?  Come on 

6 minutes ago, George said:

fizz Boro fans. They whinge about everything and everyone. Its the toxicity of the water up there.

Tin pot club who should be in the lower reaches of the Championship where they ******** well belong.

They were right about Monk though weren't they

Just when you think there might be a new dawn coming. In fairness our position is literally awful - we're in no position to be picky and survival is absolutely critical. Pulis theoretically gives us a very experienced man in charge, akin to Bruce but without the aura of being a nice man-manager.

Unsure how our players will react - they have a habit of going into their shells.

However, I'm unsure if the Bannan thing from Palace is as relevant nowadays. Bannan has changed as a player since he joined us - he's a scrapper, an angry leader with a point to prove and I dont see Pulis having much of an issue with his wish to play nicer football given his sheer ability to create goals from set pieces, crosses and direct balls - and a battling attitude he's developed with age.

We'd likely go back to 442, with Paterson and possibly even Rhodes up top.

Windass should fit, likewise Luongo, Iorfa, Lees, Dele Bashiru has good strength... unsure about the rest... he's signed players like Charlie Adam and van La Parra so feels like a flair player can work (Izzy Brown)... ? As a proper left winger Reach might just see this as his big chance to really re-establish himself.

Can assume we'll sign a proper left back on a free (Jordan Obita?) 

Basically, looking at all his signings regardless of position, they're all well established physical players who are far more streetwise than most of ours.

Personally, I loved the rawness of Megson's time here and the high tempo game he wanted to install regardless of it being pretty. If Pulis brings some of that back and gets us scoring... perhaps we can't complain.

Get ready for an ugly ride but it might just be all we can and should look at for now.

• Like 2

All this keeping us up bullshit is testicles. Were one win from safety. Since we got the 6 points back the dynamic has changed and thought DC has his sights further up the league.

So to try and justify this ******** clown on the basis we need a miracle to stay up is nonsense.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Let’s appoint a manager that’s gonna bow to the playing style of Barry Bannan then ?  

this very consistent player that more often than not wins us games ?  Come on 

But instead we’re going to appoint a manger that will bow to Paterson’s playing style.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Jim said:

There is a bit of a pattern forming here. After Carlos we appoint Jos who ruffles a few feathers, bloods the kids but the performances and results are awful.

We then appoint a proven championship manager in Bruce and everything clicks. Senior pros are restored, the camp seems happy and we finish the season strongly.

Bruce was the man but unfortunately he left before his ar$e got warm in the S6 manager’s chair. We then appointed Monk who basically did the same as Jos but was even worse.

So it looks like we’re going to appoint Pulis. Doesn’t have the charisma that Bruce has or the record at this level that he has but he knows this division plus he knows the division above. I would gamble on Lowe but DC I believe is looking at Pulis to do the job he wanted Bruce to do and that was to get us promoted to the premier league (of course he has the job of keeping us up in this division first). 

It won’t be long before Westwood is restored and the matchday 18 is full of senior pros. I’m afraid we won’t be seeing a young hungry side under Pulis.

We ain't got any young hungry players so that works out ok. 

At least with Pulis we won't have to wait for 10 passes between BB and the centre halfs before they hoof the ball forid. Each player will be expected to hoof it immediately.

Again, at least the 5 attacking players Monk started with will now have to look alive and push forward and compete for the ball rather than wandering around in midfield or on the opposite wing, or taking throws.

Direct and simple.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Of all the summaries I've read of Tony Pulis - that one is the most bizarre

Not half as bizarre as someone trying to defend Garry Monks results 

Just now, Animis said:

At least with Pulis we won't have to wait for 10 passes between BB and the centre halfs before they hoof the ball forid. Each player will be expected to hoof it immediately.

Again, at least the 5 attacking players Monk started with will now have to look alive and push forward and compete for the ball rather than wandering around in midfield or on the opposite wing, or taking throws.

Direct and simple.

We wont' have midfielders anymore

It'll be a 10-0-1 formation

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop