Pulis in before the weekend

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Pulis on a short-term, the more I think about it the more I think this is what the club needs right now.

Correct , we’ve got to be realistic here for me ,  far too many thinking we could take a chance on a young unproven manager or give it to Paul Cook and let him re-build 

Lets be clear,  we take a chance on Lowe and it goes belly up ? We get relegated 

Paul Cook tears squad apart and wants to re-build,  relegated 

Will Pulis get relegated ? can he grind out results we NEED in the short term ? I think it’s an absolute no-brained whilst there’s no gurantees DC really needed to mitigate the risk of relegation the best he possibly could and I think Tony Pulis gives us that 

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

If I'm wrong I will hold my hands up and happily say so.

(if I'm still awake after watching the latest 0-0 bore draw)

Robbie's right. And what happened at Boro with a big budget?

Plus age. Alex Neill's 39. And very, very good.

1 hour ago, cain said:

If this happens....Chansiri will do something I thought wasn’t possible.....alienate himself from the fans even more, when he had the perfect opportunity to unite them

100% this. Now was the opportunity for a brand new dawn, new manager, new ideas, new culture of attacking football, new start for the club to engage with the fans. 

Instead. More of the same, only worse

#SameOldSameOld

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Correct , we’ve got to be realistic here for me ,  far too many thinking we could take a chance on a young unproven manager or give it to Paul Cook and let him re-build 

Lets be clear,  we take a chance on Lowe and it goes belly up ? We get relegated 

Paul Cook tears squad apart and wants to re-build,  relegated 

Will Pulis get relegated ? can he grind out results we NEED in the short term ? I think it’s an absolute no-brained whilst there’s no gurantees DC really needed to mitigate the risk of relegation the best he possibly could and I think Tony Pulis gives us that 

Exactly mate.

I wanted Cook, but I think Pulis isn’t a bad option at all given our circumstances.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Enjoy your football

We need to stay up this season. I don’t think many on here know that this will be a struggle this season given our recruitment this summer. I’m ok with it as  long as it’s only until the summer. 

I don’t think we can risk an unproven manager at this stage. It’s a firefighting operation to me. 

Personally, whilst I don’t rate Monk, he shouldve been given time due to bringing in his pen back room team and 9 players. I agree with bully blunt - he only got sacked as DC still thinks we can make the playoffs. That in itself concerns me.

We can’t wing the playoffs not this season or the next 2 seasons. DC needs to be planning now for next season on who to bring in, a footballing philosophy and a new structure at the club. Unfortunately, I don’t think this will happen tho. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

We need to stay up this season. I don’t think many on here know that this will be a struggle this season given our recruitment this summer. I’m ok with it as  long as it’s only until the summer. 

I don’t think we can risk an unproven manager at this stage. It’s a firefighting operation to me. 

Personally, whilst I don’t rate Monk, he shouldve been given time due to bringing in his pen back room team and 9 players. I agree with bully blunt - he only got sacked as DC still thinks we can make the playoffs. That in itself concerns me.

We can’t wing the playoffs not this season or the next 2 seasons. DC needs to be planning now for next season on who to bring in, a footballing philosophy and a new structure at the club. Unfortunately, I don’t think this will happen tho. 

Im 100% in agreement with this

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Right and?

Thats not the comparison 

Getting rid of Monk - good idea 

Replacing him with this is absolutely atrocious - much better options out there

The aim of this season is staying up .and pulis will keep us up .im not saying im happy about it but on a short term deal i can see why chansiri got him in

Unless he does terribly then it won't be just for the remainder of the season.

Anyone who thinks we'll appoint him just until the summer and then make a more forward-thinking appointment can't have been paying attention to anything DC does.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

NOTE - EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU CHEERING ON THIS APPOINTMENT AND CELEBRATING

I will be watching what you post on matchdays and the second you post about how you hate the dull football, how disgusted you are with how boring the match is, and how little we score I will be digging your posts out from today and placing them in the reply to you 

x

Ok! Tell us exactly how it could be worse than it is now?! We’re going down to L1 anyway as it stands. It’s not an appointment to celebrate, no one is. Just people saying he’s probably going to keep us up. If he doesn’t he doesn’t but please explain how the football could be worse than this?! This is like 74-75. We simply don’t score. A team that doesn’t score. A team that can cave in 5-0 at home at any time, could have been against Brentford. No goals from open play in 515 minutes etc. This team is getting relegated as it stands. 

39 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Think this season was always about keeping in the league. At least it looks like a one season deal so can get the job done and get riding need be.

More short term thinking from this club.

Just for once could we have a bit of professional, progressive thinking with long term structures and plans put in place so we can see continuous improvement on and off the pitch instead of bumbling from one short sighted, short term disaster to another.

F*** me you’d think we’d been the embodiment of Cruyffian Total Football for the last three decades the way some people are going on. Carlos’ first season is the one year I can remember us being consistently good to watch in God knows how long.

Under Pulis we’d probably be as good to watch as we were under Jos or Monk, i.e. not very, but I’d expect Pulis to deliver better results.

Regardless of what DC said, this season is about staying up, end of. I’d be pretty confident in Pulis’ ability to deliver that. We can deal with what comes next come the summer.

• Like 1

Relegation? 

Were 2 points off getting out

Weve just got rid of a crap manager who couldn’t pick up points to save his life 

We don’t need someone to SAVE our season - we need someone to ignite it with new ideas and get us being creative at the top end 

Weve launched balls into box all bloody season and it hasn’t worked - now we’re getting in Pulis? 

If we had ten games left and we’re 6 points deep in relegation I’d get it - we’re 35 GAMES LEFT. 

• Like 6