Pulis in before the weekend

I honestly think half this site want us to lose every week but see a rabona and they'll be happy. 

I'd take winning 1-0 every week. That's better football than 0-1, 0-3, 0-1. We need to get organised and get points. We've had neither this season.

We're starting to sound like West Ham and Derby. "oh but it's not the Derby way". Who gives a chuff. Wins and we'll all be happy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

I would put my morgage on pulis will do better than monk .think it 2 hone wins in last 20 homefixtures

Right and?

Thats not the comparison 

Getting rid of Monk - good idea 

Replacing him with this is absolutely atrocious - much better options out there

Look, most of us wouldn’t want him under normal circumstances but we are not in normal circumstances. 

Of all the names mentioned he’s got to be one of the ones we’d be most confident of to avoid relegation. 

let’s just focus on that and support him in achieving that objective. The football might not be pretty but it hasn’t been pretty for the last 12 months. I’d rather have ugly winning football than ugly losing football. 

I must say, its an odd move.

When I look at our team, we have a stable and decent defence.  Apart from the horror show v Rotherham which I would put more down to the goalkeeper.  we have done OK at the back.  I can't see us going down as we concede too many goals.  I am not sure what else Pulis can do to the defence to materially improve it, and improved defending is his number 1 skill.

We need to better create chances to score goals from open play.  Pulis is an excellent set play coach, but has never really been a coach that improves open play scoring  - IE the exact thing we need.

I just dont know how Pulis improves the team.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fans aren’t allowed in so we’re not paying good money to watch horrific football. 

I certainly won't be paying penny to watch horrific football - this season and beyond. I'm still waiting for my refund for last season months after the games were cancelled and I'll be wanting one for next season if the future involves the sort of football he inflicted on Boro. 

After being linked with Phil Neville and Sol Campbell getting Pulis is like getting Jurgen Klopp!!!!........At least we won’t be a soft touch anymore....no more losing in the last minute....Turn that bunch of fairies into a set of nasty twats........After losing to Luton / Rotherham/Wycombe..most people should celebrate us getting Pulis .........It’s only the 6 points back from the EFL that has made monk look good

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This is your chance to get the site behind him. 

I’m no Pulis fan. But I genuinely think this is a clever appointment.

We need to stay up and Pulis is the most risk free option out there and has never been relegated in his managerial career. 

Fans aren’t allowed in so we’re not paying good money to watch horrific football. 

Short-term deal to keep us up and we look to start the rebuild with a proper manager in the summer (hopefully).

I think this appointment actually finally shows DC is learning that football is a results based business. 

I certainly agree with some of this, but not convinced the appointment (if it happens) suggests DC is learning the ropes, feels more knee jerk to me.  I’m less positive than many on here about Pulis guaranteeing us Championship survival with the resources at his disposal.  We may be a challenge too far for him and spoil the CV in terms of relegation - I suspect he’s eying our squad with suspicion and already thinking of who he can bring in during January. 

7th Ch - Middlesbrough 18/19

5th Ch - Middlesbrough 17/18

10th PL - West Brom 16/17

15th PL - West Brom 15/16

13th PL - West Brom 14/15

11th PL - Crystal Palace 13/14

13th PL - Stoke 12/13

14th PL - Stoke 11/12

13th PL - Stoke 10/11

11th PL - Stoke 09/10

12 PL - Stoke 08/09

2nd Ch - Stoke 07/08

His football isn’t pretty.

But he isn’t a bad manager. 

1 minute ago, Loppy said:

I honestly think half this site want us to lose every week but see a rabona and they'll be happy. 

I'd take winning 1-0 every week. That's better football than 0-1, 0-3, 0-1. We need to get organised and get points. We've had neither this season.

We're starting to sound like West Ham and Derby. "oh but it's not the Derby way". Who gives a chuff. Wins and we'll all be happy. 

We arent going to keep enough clean sheets to win 1-0 every week.  Our goalies and defenders are not Premier League standard and make mistakes, like all players at this level. 

Our issue is scoring.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-11-11 at 17.22.06.jpg

Eh? If I was making a day out of watching Wednesday and going to Hillsborough on a freezing cold day - I’d like to see some exciting football for sure.

But when I’m at home, with a cup of tea, sat on sofa with Gilette Soccer Saturday on in the background, I’d rather we just pick up points and get out the relegation zone thank you.

Besides, we’ve seen plenty of poo football over the past 20 years. So if we play poo and win, it will be an improvement in my eyes. 

Just now, 0114 said:

7th Ch - Middlesbrough 18/19

5th Ch - Middlesbrough 17/18

10th PL - West Brom 16/17

15th PL - West Brom 15/16

13th PL - West Brom 14/15

11th PL - Crystal Palace 13/14

13th PL - Stoke 12/13

14th PL - Stoke 11/12

13th PL - Stoke 10/11

11th PL - Stoke 09/10

12 PL - Stoke 08/09

2nd Ch - Stoke 07/08

His football isn’t pretty.

But he isn’t a bad manager. 

A banker if you want mid-table obscurity and be bored shitless watching it. 

• Like 1