Pulis in before the weekend

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

I must say, its an odd move.

When I look at our team, we have a stable and decent defence.  Apart from the horror show v Rotherham which I would put more down to the goalkeeper.  we have done OK at the back.  I can't see us going down as we concede too many goals.  I am not sure what else Pulis can do to the defence to materially improve it, and improved defending is his number 1 skill.

We need to better create chances to score goals from open play.  Pulis is an excellent set play coach, but has never really been a coach that improves open play scoring  - IE the exact thing we need.

I just dont know how Pulis improves the team.  

The foundations of this side are fine

we aren’t 10 points deep in relegation and need saving and need to grind out results 

Were 2 points behind getting out - with a team that needs a new system to create chances like you said

• Like 3

Think this has been done and dusted for a while,  I know DC wanted him before he decided on Monk not sure why he didn’t come last time 

It had to be Pulis for me, do I like his style ? No , but this is not the club to be giving young managers a run at it and the suggestion of Ryan Lowe was an absolute non starter for me 

This club needs strong experienced leadership

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I certainly won't be paying penny to watch horrific football - this season and beyond. I'm still waiting for my refund for last season months after the games were cancelled and I'll be wanting one for next season if the future involves the sort of football he inflicted on Boro. 

And how did that end up for Boro? Got rid of him replaced him with Woodgate who led them into the relegation zones. Who then was replaced by another dinosaur in Warnock to drag them to safety.

Pulis on a short-term, the more I think about it the more I think this is what the club needs right now.

• Like 1

Just now, rickygoo said:

A banker if you want mid-table obscurity and be bored shitless watching it. 

Wouldn’t be against being a mid table PL side if I’m honest mate. His last 3 Championship finishes are 7th, 5th and 2nd.

Palace and Stoke fans think a lot of him. WBA and Boro don’t. 

We got told Bruce was a long ball dinosaur by Villa fans and many found his football entertaining.

53 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Footballer's or WINNER'S?.

Trevor Francis forced out the winner's in Atkinsons team that won promotion, came 3rd in the prem and went to Wembley 4 times, and brought in Footballers, and the down fall began.

It was Francis that got us to 3rd in the Premiership also to Wembley so many times ,also he brought a certain Chris Waddle to the club as well as the England goalkeeper 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

And how did that end up for Boro? Got rid of him replaced him with Woodgate who led them into the relegation zones. Who then was replaced by another dinosaur in Warnock to drag them to safety.

Pulis on a short-term, the more I think about it the more I think this is what the club needs right now.

Enjoy your football as a famous toe rag once said. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I know mate

What AM I thinking wanting good football?

We all want good football! But we’re trying to stay out of Division 3. When the team is shored up and stops losing, starts winning some home games, you might find some good football starts to happen. Why are you so certain it will be terrible? You sounds like all those Stoke fans in 2017 phoning up 5 Live complaining about Stoke being mid table in the Prem and how boring it is. I said to my son on the way home from Ipswich, you watch, they’ll sack him and end up almost in L1. 
The thing needs rebuilding and that’s when the good football comes. I’m sick of turgid football just like you are! Bad teams don’t turn in to expansive attacking teams and magically play their way away from relegation. Look at who we’ve signed! We can’t sign anyone else for a while...Sheridan Nilsson and King aren’t arriving to transform us mate. Just need to stay out of L1. 
BTW hope when we’re back in the ground you can do the photos of fans in the ground thing like at the Wycombe game in 2012. You and Owlstalk being the best.

• Like 2

NOTE - EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU CHEERING ON THIS APPOINTMENT AND CELEBRATING

I will be watching what you post on matchdays and the second you post about how you hate the dull football, how disgusted you are with how boring the match is, and how little we score I will be digging your posts out from today and placing them in the reply to you 

x

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, goldensmoke said:

We all want good football! But we’re trying to stay out of Division 3. When the team is shored up and stops losing, starts winning some home games, you might find some good football starts to happen. Why are you so certain it will be terrible? You sounds like all those Stoke fans in 2017 phoning up 5 Live complaining about Stoke being mid table in the Prem and how boring it is. I said to my son on the way home from Ipswich, you watch, they’ll sack him and end up almost in L1. 
The thing needs rebuilding and that’s when the good football comes. I’m sick of turgid football just like you are! Bad teams don’t turn in to expansive attacking teams and magically play their way away from relegation. Look at who we’ve signed! We can’t sign anyone else for a while...Sheridan Nilsson and King aren’t arriving to transform us mate. Just need to stay out of L1. 
BTW hope when we’re back in the ground you can do the photos of fans in the ground thing like at the Wycombe game in 2012. You and Owlstalk being the best.

If I'm wrong I will hold my hands up and happily say so.

(if I'm still awake after watching the latest 0-0 bore draw)

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I will be watching what you post on matchdays and the second you post about how you hate the dull football, how disgusted you are with how boring the match is, and how little we score I will be digging your posts out from today and placing them in the reply to you 

x

We’d crash the site if we did the same thing with you every time you were wrong or changed your mind 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

x

Post not poster.

x

We need a complete rebuild (and not just playing staff) - if Pulis comes in and keeps us up (which he should) with our current crop of players who lack quality and consistency then it will be a job well done as far as I'm concerned as our current position is precarious. This will by us time to find a better, more appropriate replacement to succede him in the summer and assist with the clear out of our squad. 

All we need to concentrate on this season given our current circumstances is avoiding being in League One at the start of the next...

• Like 1