Pulis in before the weekend

If confirmed then it’s the right man for the time.

Its got to be a step at a time and can anyone really suggest a manager that could transform this team into an entertaining and winning side within a season.

So it’s very much a case of getting the basics right,and perhaps Monk had begun to at least contribute to solving our defensive frailties.

He was nowhere near giving us an attacking threat.

Many have their favourite managers of the past,but Jack Charlton would be well up my list for arresting the decline of our club.

I hope Pulis could do a similar job.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Not with there current mentalities no,  and THATS why we need an experienced hand managing the club 

Absolute disastrous move to chuck it at a Ryan Lowe type, thankfully the chairman seems to agree 

can players mentally be changed like that though? If they aren’t that type of player can they be turned in to one? 

Seeing we’ve been playing like Barcelona for last 12 months  I just can’t see all this negativity 

monk was sh*t totally clueless his round pegs in square holes nearly every game made Jos  Luhukay look like Pep Guardiola !

pullis coming in might just save our season think about it who realistically could we get in the short time we have ? 

• Like 2

I think this will be a good idea. Get someone it till the end of the season, steady the ship, then plan ahead in the summer. Pulis gets a chance to show what he can do. If it's barely enough then get someone else. If really good, give it another year.

Smart move. If we go for someone new in the summer. We'd be still in the championship. Points deduction would have been dealt with and would be appealing to more managers. Move Pulis upstairs to director of football. 

Sounds like a plan.

• Like 1

Just now, Royal_D said:

Name me a football manager that doesn’t keep getting the sack ?   We’re talking about the here and now yeah? And right now this club needs solid leadership , someone who knows the league inside out and someone who knows exactly how he wants to set up and has total confidence in his ability to get results that will keep us in this division at a bare minimum 

Job has to go to Pulis

If you think Pulis is the answer then I’m worried. He’ll keep us up no problem. So we get to the end of the season and what, back to square one? 

This season is a bit of a free hit now. We are not going to go down and we are not going to trouble the play off places. It’s a chance for a manger to come in and implement their own style. 

Pulis will come in and play dour football whilst our best players will be shipped out in January. This appointment whilst short term may look ‘good’ the consequences long term for the next manager coming in will be horrific. 

2 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

If you think Pulis is the answer then I’m worried. He’ll keep us up no problem. So we get to the end of the season and what, back to square one? 

This season is a bit of a free hit now. We are not going to go down and we are not going to trouble the play off places. It’s a chance for a manger to come in and implement their own style. 

Pulis will come in and play dour football whilst our best players will be shipped out in January. This appointment whilst short term may look ‘good’ the consequences long term for the next manager coming in will be horrific. 

Would you be gutted about losing any players from this squad? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Literally don’t have a scooby doo how your coming to that conclusion,  we’re in a relegation fight 100%    Were a car crash of a side that doesn’t look like it could buy a consistent run of results 

You've got a very pulis-ball squad, no transfer window and no pot to ******** in when it does open. Without the deduction we'd be like 20th? In the league. We need a manager to keep us up this season as going into league 1 with the wage cap and that would be cataclysmically bad for us. We're not the draw many on here think we are. I think its a sound appointment for the situation

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Literally don’t have a scooby doo how your coming to that conclusion,  we’re in a relegation fight 100%    Were a car crash of a side that doesn’t look like it could buy a consistent run of results 

We are two points from safety 🤣