Pulis in before the weekend

He has a shelf life of two years - in the short term he will keep you up and give a foundation to build from.

The task is making the most of Pulis - let him reorganise the club and leave it on a solid footing. The risk is you keep him to long.

Any hangers on behind the scenes will be politely told to do one. You either do it his way or no way.

The football is mind numbingly boring - defensively rigid with a great emphasis on set players. His preference with us became four centre halves at the back - tight and rigid - with an industrious but disciplined midfield in front of them. Flint, Patterson, Lees and Palmer will become firm favourites. I cannot see your Iorfa’s and Odubajo’s getting much game time. He will have players he trust who he can coach repetitively into his system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Liam_Baggies said:

He has a shelf life of two years - in the short term he will keep you up and give a foundation to build from.

The task is making the most of Pulis - let him reorganise the club and leave it on a solid footing. The risk is you keep him to long.

Any hangers on behind the scenes will be politely told to do one. You either do it his way or no way.

The football is mind numbingly boring - defensively rigid with a great emphasis on set players. His preference with us became four centre halves at the back - tight and rigid - with an industrious but disciplined midfield in front of them. Flint, Patterson, Lees and Palmer will become firm favourites. I cannot see your Iorfa’s and Odubajo’s getting much game time. He will have players he trust who he can coach repetitively into his system.

Iorfa will be used he's our best defender and apart from Flint our biggest threat from set plays.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

The football is mind numbingly boring - defensively rigid with a great emphasis on set players. His preference with us became four centre halves at the back 

Well that's one more than we currently have so I guess that's a step forward 

(in terms of numbers of centre halves playing all at once that is)

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

Interesting summary, cheers.

Best way to make God laugh is make a plan, but I could think of worse scenarios than Pulis coming in to stabilise us, then us going for an up-and-comer like Ryan Lowe next summer (or possibly the one after)

5 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

Iorfa is a unit and is our most solid defender, no reason Pulis wouldn't use him. 

7 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

what type of signings would you expect him to make here? Big physical players rather than skilful ones? 

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Spectators and viewers won't that's for sure

We have become accustomed to that style in the past year, only with a manager who doesn't do it effectively. 

We recently bought a robust forward and Monk utilised him to take long throws into the box without a target to aim for! 

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Who is this robust forward you talk so fondly of?

I'm not sure I would use the term 'fondly' and my use of the term 'forward' was meant loosely, I am certainly hesitant to call him a striker, Paterson.