THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

19 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

I wonder what is more likely to put off sponsors: 

- an owner that clearly doesn’t know how to run a football club

- EFL charges and points deductions

- bizarre and embarrassing rambles from the owner to the press 

or 

- Gary from Shire green on Twitter disagreeing with the formation played at the weekend

*GarryMonkmanface

2 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

The Chairman agrees to offer his perspective once, maybe twice a year and it usually coincides with Wednesday being in the kak and the majority of the fan base being unhappy.

He always comes across as dogmatic, uninformed and intransigent... to me anyway.

The message that I always take away from these little exercises is “ it’s my club, I’ve spent a lot of money on it, don’t criticise me, and stop being negative because I didn’t do anything wrong “

I think that he’s clueless.

I think this is a good example of where it’s important to be balanced

Some of the things you said are true, but he also took responsibility and acknowledged some of the mistakes / learnings

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Then went on to blame everyone else for it

lol

I know you’re just being antagonistic, but I’ll reply anyway 

And point out that He admitted not selling FF was a mistake, and he also took full responsibility for the deduction 

Edited by McRightSide
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

I literally said that. Of course firms watch social media and it’s huge. I’m just stating that no firm in their right mind would enter a negotiation with a football club and the be surprised by a few negative comments.

Yes we have idiots, but if honestly saw fewer than other clubs. I see some absolute rubbish get said about it sent to players, but it’s not abuse like you see other clubs get. Especially premier league ones. 

We have the you’re not good enough, not fit to wear shirt etc. I don’t see racist abuse, homophobic abuse, sexism, threatening behaviour or utterly vile comments. It could be as we have less fans, but it is honestly tame. There was a little with players taking a knee (I found some fans disgusting with their response), but again in comparison it wasn’t much.

We need to get this “some of our fans are terrible” mentality out of our heads. With what we’ve been served for 20 years I think Wednesday fans are fantastic.

Ok, apologies i must have misunderstood you post. 

However, i still don't agree with the notion that we have a tame fan base - we don't. I've witnessed the ugly side of our fan base, i've witnessed racist abuse. We have fans who take to twitter and throw abuse at our players. 

I'm not questioning loyalty here, we have a brilliantly loyal fan base. But within our loyal fan base there is a minority, like all other clubs, of fans who take it too far.

9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

This reminds me of those situations when after a run of poor performances Morgan Fox used to get booed pre-game, gets dogs abuse for 90 mins and then finally gives it the ‘fizz off’ to the fans when walking down the tunnel

And all the fans would be like HOW DARE HE!!!!! THAT IS OUT OF ORDER!!!!

Are you saying that's how Chansiri is treating us after we've bought the tickets, and the shirts and put up with some terrible signings and football over the last couple of years?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I know you’re just being antagonistic, but I’ll reply anyway 

And point out that He admitted not selling FF was a mistake, and he also took full responsibility for the deduction 

Before unprofessionally having a pop at a former player. We all think that but it's hardly a positive message to any potential signings.