THE CHANSIRI INTERVIEW THREAD - All posts about the interview in here please

6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I know you’re just being antagonistic, but I’ll reply anyway 

And point out that He admitted not selling FF was a mistake, and he also took full responsibility for the deduction 

But said the deduction was unfair and shouldn't have happened which is hardly holding his hands up. 

• Thanks 1

Couple of comments were telling for me 

Chansiri saying without government help for football he can't keep doing what he has been financially . 

Chansiri blaming fans for the losing a major sponsor. 

To me that says if things go belly up the fans are to blame. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think this interview pretty much highlights why we need a CEO or a person who can communicate with fans without all of the added emotion. He obviously doesn't like being criticised, i understand that. But whether he means to or not, these interviews always gets fans backs up and he ends up making a situation worse. 

Katrien (as much as people hated her to begin with) was a much more clear, concise and assuring communicator. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Thanks to those who post the quotes from the interview, us in foreign parts can at least imagine his voice 😄

Well, it's hard to know what to make of it.  Some good things in there,:

- his talk about FF and players. 

- His backing of the manager (whether you like Monk or not).

- His talk about existing players not delivering on the pitch.  Players get it all too easy when they fail in their roles, the manager takes the hit.  

- His taking responsibility for the Hillsborough sale fiasco.

Some negative:

- Couldn't quite work out whether a CEO will be coming or not in January, but I think he still sees himself as the one to make day-to-day decisions.

- Still of the belief that he knows best about footballing choices.  Even if he did know best, he wouldn't be so dismissive.  The fact that we're bottom of the second division ultimately shows where his decision making leaves us.

-  The Hillsborough loan/charge is still clear as mud.  I remember someone by the name of Aldridge who took a share in the stadium at the time of MM.  My memory is complete poo so don't quote me on it.

- The DoF for me is a must, because Wednesday are not all about the First XI, it's about the youth all the way to the first team and somone needs to oversee that.

- 8-9 figure sponsorship?  So somewhere between £10m and £100m?  I just don't buy it, and even it there was a sponsor, what did they get spooked by?  Criticism of the club?  Are they new to football?

Anyway, glad he's spoken.  Fair play to him for appealing the EFL.  Although we lost (ie, we still messed up the sale in the wrong year), at least we got 6 points back at come the end of the season, that could well be difference between a Steel City derby or not.

• Thanks 1

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Chansiri saying without government help for football he can't keep doing what he has been financially . 

Don't forget the EFL.

Basically, he is saying that the club is going wherever the tide takes it and nothing he can do can influence that.

What a confidence boost that is. I wanted a sustainable, transparent plan that is assessed, reviewed frequently and shared amongst us as communicated vital contributors and stakeholders.

Instead I've learnt we are all drinking together at The Rudderless Ship for the forseeable.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Guest Kameron
1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

No football club that spent money bringing in players or increasing existing player contracts during this pandemic should receive any kind of financial help.

The fans costing sponsorship is the biggest loads of testicles ever.

You only have to go on any clubs twitter after they announce something for Pride or  to see the sorts of hate that gets posted.

Doesn't seem to make a dent in other clubs sponsorship deals

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, rickygoo said:

Presumably someone he doesn't think can do the job and whose style of football he doesn't like. 

ha ha ha absolutely crazy comment for him to make. Imo Bruce is the best appointment he has made, how we could do with someone like him Now. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kameron said:

No football club that spent money bringing in players or increasing existing player contracts during this pandemic should receive any kind of financial help.

I totally agree mate, but for me this interview was all about laying the foundations to blame the fans when it goes belly up. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Kameron
1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

I totally agree mate, but for me this interview was all about laying the foundations to blame the fans when it goes belly up. 

It's like listening to Donald Trump, anyone and everyone to blame but himself.