Carlos Carvalhal was right

The majority of football under Carvalhal was dreadful. He had plenty of resources to build a team capable of gaining promotion but blew it. His man management was terrible and he played players that were nowhere near fit enough to play. Bottled the big games too. Please don't let this charlatan darken our doorstep again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Throw few players off to train with the kids, ignore a few more and disenfranchise the rest.

There's a reason Carlos isn't here anymore.

Isn’t that exactly what monk has done?

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Monk shouldn't be here either. In fact, I'd go as far as to say he should never have been appointed.

💯

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

He got booted out WAY too late to stop the rot setting in

We're in the position we're in now because of his ridiculous mismanagement and training  ground holiday camp

Totally in agreement. You can also add to that apart from 1 season a very negative approach, unfit players leading to multiple injuries. 

Fans also tend to forget he was virtually given an open cheque book. The kind of money thrown at the team in my view will never happen again at Wednesday.

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

The majority of football under Carvalhal was dreadful. He had plenty of resources to build a team capable of gaining promotion but blew it. His man management was terrible and he played players that were nowhere near fit enough to play. Bottled the big games too. Please don't let this charlatan darken our doorstep again.

Obviously you’re a hater, but for what it’s worth:

-We were one of the most exciting teams to watch in his first season, our style suffered in his second season as teams figured us out and we struggled with injuries 

-“plenty of resources to build a team capable of gaining promotion” - Well seeing as the playoffs is a lottery, I think a playoff final and a penalty shootout away from another one, getting that constitutes as building a team ‘capable’ of gaining promotion, regardless of if we did it or not, we got that close  

-Man management was terrible? Which players have told you this?

-played players not fit? As I keep saying, players have to pass fitness tests and be declared fit by physios, you’ll have to take that up with our medical department (who don’t seem to be doing a good job to this day)

-“Bottled the big games” - I assume you mean the Huddersfield game when we had 6 or 7 first choice players injured, and 2 more went off during the game. Losing that many players is going to have an impact on any squad in world football and the style they want to play.

Carlos was probably the only manager I can remember in recent times where I enjoyed listening to the press conferences and interviews.

Used to be so funny to see the love in Holloway’s eyes as they stood at pitchside chatting over another victory. The opposites manager got a couple of minutes, Carlos got to close out the programme.

We should get him back as chief interviewer or something.

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Totally in agreement. You can also add to that apart from 1 season a very negative approach, unfit players leading to multiple injuries. 

Fans also tend to forget he was virtually given an open cheque book. The kind of money thrown at the team in my view will never happen again at Wednesday.

The amount of people who actually think Carlos spunked all the money is brea5htakin...the merchants who signed all the overpaid crap will be the same merchants still signing the overpaid crap..plus a little input from a few newbies..

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

The amount of people who actually think Carlos spunked all the money is brea5htakin...the merchants who signed all the overpaid crap will be the same merchants still signing the overpaid crap..plus a little input from a few newbies..

So you are suggesting that Carlos had no input whatsoever into who we signed?

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

No manager in his right mind would work under that restraint.

Don’t be so naive..you still think the manager signs all the players and sorts all the contracts out?? It’s not the 1980s anymore..cc was the puppet..controlled by the puppet master..turns out he did ok for 2 years n all..suppose you think dc scouted an obscure German second division manager to replace him🤨