Carlos Carvalhal was right

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Only in so much as he’d set a high bar, and recognised that the recruitment was making it increasingly difficult to keep bettering what he’d achieved

Who brought in the over aged, injury prone players 2015-17?.

Who refused to bring in winner's instead more 'Techincal' players?

Carlos was not the messiah some on here think, his 'Tactic's' were predictable and soon found out in his 1st season, renenber wheb Colin brought Rotherham to Hillsboro and stuck Vaulkes in midfield to harass Bannan, Lee and Hutch and since then every team decided to do the same.

We have not addressed that problem since.

32 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Who brought in the over aged, injury prone players 2015-17?.

Who refused to bring in winner's instead more 'Techincal' players?

Carlos was not the messiah some on here think, his 'Tactic's' were predictable and soon found out in his 1st season, renenber wheb Colin brought Rotherham to Hillsboro and stuck Vaulkes in midfield to harass Bannan, Lee and Hutch and since then every team decided to do the same.

Who indeed, I’d love to know Those incomings, most of which Carlos clearly didn’t want, set us back years. He somehow even managed to fashion a second challenge, despite having to play those unwanted players Guess in the end, he could see no future while that recruitment team remained in place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Carlos's tactics were found out in his first season?

We finished 6th in his 1st season and 4th in his second!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Lincs Owl said:

Carlos's tactics were found out in his first season?

We finished 6th in his 1st season and 4th in his second!!!!!!!

He had players like porches and drove them like he was driving a tractor

His tactics were found out, but the players were good enough to succeed regardless

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

His tactics were found out, but the players were good enough to succeed regardless

Same players couldn't cut it under Jos.  What have you got against CC?  No-one else in history ever took Rio AVE to the top 5 in Portugal. That's almost equivalent to doing it with Rotherham here.  

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Dunno about porches, more like garden statues Not sure he could have done much more with the crap that was foisted upon him

8 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

He knew how to get players up for a game.  

OH DEAR

Oh dear oh dear...

It's one thing loving Carlos because he was a great salesman and you fell for it hook line and sinker

It's another to just totally make up something like 'He knew how to get players up for a game' when we were all at Wembley, and when we were at the Huddersfield fiasco.

Come on now...

You were sold to. you fell for it. You bought the extended warranty from the TV salesman in Currys. You bought the scotchguard off the car salesman who told you it would protect against spillages for ten years.

But don't try then pyramid selling and trying to convince US that he was great.

You might have stopped and got sold religion by the jehovas witnesses on Fargate, but please please don't try shoving a copy of The Watchtower into our hands - we all can make our own minds up based on the evidence we saw with our own eyes

And if you can say one thing about Carlos it was NEVER that 'he knew how to get players up for a game'

FFS

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Who indeed, I’d love to know Those incomings, most of which Carlos clearly didn’t want, set us back years. He somehow even managed to fashion a second challenge, despite having to play those unwanted players Guess in the end, he could see no future while that recruitment team remained in place. 

But Carlos said that he had the final word on incoming transfers.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Too true.

Carlos inherited a good squad/Team from Gray, the players were Physically fit , organised and  motivated.

It was only when Carlos took over that the fitness began to drop, Holiday training camps in Portugal, and Players looking for a last payday and any lack of motivation.

The Fall has been going on since the day he walked into the club and it has fallen on Monk, or it could have been some one else, to sort out the mess they inherited.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

OH DEAR

Oh dear oh dear...

It's one thing loving Carlos because he was a great salesman and you fell for it hook line and sinker

It's another to just totally make up something like 'He knew how to get players up for a game' when we were all at Wembley, and when we were at the Huddersfield fiasco.

Come on now...

You were sold to. you fell for it. You bought the extended warranty from the TV salesman in Currys. You bought the scotchguard off the car salesman who told you it would protect against spillages for ten years.

But don't try then pyramid selling and trying to convince US that he was great.

You might have stopped and got sold religion by the jehovas witnesses on Fargate, but please please don't try shoving a copy of The Watchtower into our hands - we all can make our own minds up based on the evidence we saw with our own eyes

And if you can say one thing about Carlos it was NEVER that 'he knew how to get players up for a game'

FFS

You making out I'm a mug?  I've seen every Wednesday manager since 1958 and watched matches at 90 of the 92 grounds(not barrow or Harrogate for obvious reasons) and I think I know a bit more about football managers than most. 

CC certainly didn't pull the wool over my eyes.  I could never understand what he was talking about, and the excerpts from his book were gobbledy **** to me.  

But I used to go to matches expecting to win when CC was here.  Even when we were losing, he would usually bring sub's on to turn the game.

I don't expect us to win tonight.  I never do at Hillsborough nowadays. Bournemouth are unbeaten and I can't see Monk finding a way to beat them. I'm just off to pay another £10 to Ifollow in a minute.  Money wasted.  And you think Monk is a better coach than CC?  Do you actually watch matches, from New York or Benidorm or wherever you pretend to be located?  

4 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

I've seen every Wednesday manager since 1958  

WEEYYYY HEYYYYY!!!!!!

These "I've watched Wednesday for over 50 years" statements are coming thick and fast these days

lol

Gotta love a post/phone call to Praise or Grumble telling everyone how long they've been watching Wednesday

🤣

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

WEEYYYY HEYYYYY!!!!!!

These "I've watched Wednesday for over 50 years" statements are coming thick and fast these days

lol

Gotta love a post/phone call to Praise or Grumble telling everyone how long they've been watching Wednesday

🤣

Indeed - and ironically, their knowledge is probably less that of a younger fan who is more tech savvy and can look up/watch older matches on YouTube and have a fresher memory of it lol