Carlos Carvalhal was right

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

No they wouldnt

Lol.. so Nuhui, Hutchinson, FF, Lee and Hooper wouldn’t be selected right now when we’re playing the likes of Pelupessy and Harris. Ok then 

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Just remind us how they're all getting on these days mate

Well the latter two are crocks but you’d take 20 games a season from them over what we have now.

FF has upgraded.. Nuhui and Hutchinson probably fancied a change and a different lifestyle. Pretty sure we wanted to keep Nuhui but he’d already decided he wanted to move abroad 

Anyway, my original point was in 2017 they all had 3-5 years left but a significant number of fans wanted to get rid of them all using age as a reason. We’re 3 years on from that so it would be coming up for the time they needed to be replaced. We needed to have had some squad turnover in the interim but after 2017 we’ve signed nobody who would have improved the play off teams other than Iorfa. That’s regression and why we are where we are 

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I see Carlos’s Braga have won again. Interestingly, Carlos has been using his inverted winger 4-4-2 set up, which is proving to be quite effective

Yes Carlos did ok with that when we were chasing a goal extra striker on Reach at Left back. Could teach Monk a thing or two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Yes Carlos did ok with that when we were chasing a goal extra striker on Reach at Left back. Could teach Monk a thing or two.

I didn’t particularly like it at the time, but it’s the difference between having tactician in charge, and someone with not a clue re tactics Although it wasn’t the same entertainment as season one, it was effective, and allowed us to control games With the way Monk has us playing, we have no control. 
The ball is like a hot potato when we have it, and then it’s just a case of lumping it forward

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I just don't know what's happened to Reach in that respect

Unless he's just so totally demotivated currently or something

Or been told never to shoot from distance and always to dribble it into defenders

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Or been told never to shoot from distance and always to dribble it into defenders

lol

The inverted wingers, especially if Reach was playing on the right, allowed him plenty of opportunities to come inside and shoot

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I didn’t particularly like it at the time, but it’s the difference between having tactician in charge, and someone with not a clue re tactics Although it wasn’t the same entertainment as season one, it was effective, and allowed us to control games With the way Monk has us playing, we have no control. 
The ball is like a hot potato when we have it, and then it’s just a case of lumping it forward

Yeah its amazing what watching a whole match of long ball all game then when we are needing a goal bringing off a striker for a midfielder makes you miss ain't it.

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Would you swap Monk for Carlos tomorrow.?? 

Guest Therealrealist
50 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I see Carlos’s Braga have won again. Interestingly, Carlos has been using his inverted winger 4-4-2 set up, which is proving to be quite effective

Carlos wins every week

11 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Taction he won nothing with us nothing with Swansea he was an imposter sadly lacking when needed