Jump to content

Gary Megson lives in Sheffield and will only manage Wednesday.


Recommended Posts

Megson took over a faltering team from Irvine and took them further down League One.

 

It was only when he was able to bring in his own players that things started to improve.

 

With no such luxury now until the next transfer window, and bugger all to spend when we get there most probably, if history were to repeat itself in the Championship, we'd be in major trouble.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Megson took over a faltering team from Irvine and took them further down League One.

 

It was only when he was able to bring in his own players that things started to improve.

 

With no such luxury now until the next transfer window, and bugger all to spend when we get there most probably, if history were to repeat itself in the Championship, we'd be in major trouble.


You know that you can’t get any lower than bottom right?

 

And you can’t get worse results than losing?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, buster123 said:

DC needs to be told there's an option that lives and bleeds Wednesday living 7 miles from Hillsborough. He doesn't need to work but help the young manger at Oxford but wouldn't take the job from him. Could have gone overseas but doesn't fancy that. If any one here has a way to get in DC ear he's sick of the mess down there and is ready for the challenge. FACT. always wanted to end with that.


You seem to have some kind of agenda on here tonight but I just can’t work out what it is you want to happen 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not that on one will have him. He has the luxury of not needing to have a job. But it makes him livid when he hears what's being going on down there. He's just a fan with two promotions to the premiership with WBA, kept Bolton up after the board sold his best players. But hay he's a crap manager with the 3rd best win percentage for Wednesday.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, buster123 said:

It's not that on one will have him. He has the luxury of not needing to have a job. But it makes him livid when he hears what's being going on down there. He's just a fan with two promotions to the premiership with WBA, kept Bolton up after the board sold his best players. But hay he's a crap manager with the 3rd best win percentage for Wednesday.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, buster123 said:

DC needs to be told there's an option that lives and bleeds Wednesday living 7 miles from Hillsborough. He doesn't need to work but help the young manger at Oxford but wouldn't take the job from him. Could have gone overseas but doesn't fancy that. If any one here has a way to get in DC ear he's sick of the mess down there and is ready for the challenge. FACT. always wanted to end with that.

 

1605188108_tenor(1).gif.b4493a14782a934fe7f3a504b46f128d.gif

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, McRightSide said:

You know that you can’t get any lower than bottom right?

 

And you can’t get worse results than losing?

 

It's hardly surprising that a team who started on minus twelve would be bottom after seven matches, is it?

 

Today's been a shocker, and we need to get back on track quickly, but after seeing how Megson handled a struggling team the last time he took over and had us sinking further down the third tier, I wouldn't back him to help us in our current situation.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, buster123 said:

DC needs to be told there's an option that lives and bleeds Wednesday living 7 miles from Hillsborough. He doesn't need to work but help the young manger at Oxford but wouldn't take the job from him. Could have gone overseas but doesn't fancy that. If any one here has a way to get in DC ear he's sick of the mess down there and is ready for the challenge. FACT. always wanted to end with that.

 

They also need to ring Dave Jones to ask him to come and finish the job off when Megson fails. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Megson is EXACTLY what this club needs. I just don’t understand why others can’t see that. His football ain’t pretty but who cares about that when relegation to League One is looking more likely by the day?

 

Megson would keep Wednesday up and live to fight another day. As it stands only oblivion is on the horizon.
 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buster123 said:

DC needs to be told there's an option that lives and bleeds Wednesday living 7 miles from Hillsborough. He doesn't need to work but help the young manger at Oxford but wouldn't take the job from him. Could have gone overseas but doesn't fancy that. If any one here has a way to get in DC ear he's sick of the mess down there and is ready for the challenge. FACT. always wanted to end with that.

Evening Gary!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Owling with laughter said:

Megson is EXACTLY what this club needs.

 

 

Getting into Dark Knight quote territory with this...  Because he's the manager Wednesday needs, but not the one it deserves right now, so we'll sign him. Because he can take it, because he's not a fancy fart. He's a hard disciplinarian, a no-sh*t straight man, a Ginger Knight.

 

I mean, even quoting Dark Knight I'm still not sure. We'd be after getting the equivalent of Batman but probably land another bleedin' Joker instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How anyone would want megson back who failed us before is a joke, if we really were to get an ex manager back and I haven't heard him mentioned lately is gray, he basically gave us the backbone of our team which nearly got us promoted but would he come back is another matter but definitely the only reasonable answer to take back an an ex manager is gray 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Megson took over a faltering team from Irvine and took them further down League One.

 

It was only when he was able to bring in his own players that things started to improve.

 

With no such luxury now until the next transfer window, and bugger all to spend when we get there most probably, if history were to repeat itself in the Championship, we'd be in major trouble.

I saw it more than just a faltering team from Irvine.  We were shockingly bad and, after a good start to the season we were losing games left, right and centre and dropping down the league like a stone.  To come in when he did and keep that squad up was no mean feat.

 

He then signed the likes of Bywater, Baath, Lliera, Rob Jones, Semedo, Ben Marshall, COG and finally Antonio and got us up to third.

 

You might not like the man, might not like his playing style or methods but he's a very good manager.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...