Gary Megson lives in Sheffield and will only manage Wednesday.

Guest buster123

23 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's not rewrite history though mate

When Megson got booted out the team were losing games, their heads were down, Megson had run out of ideas, and the football was way worse than anything we're watching under Monk

That's not opinion - those are cold hard facts

We fired him so we could get promoted as he'd failed badly 

That is 100% opinion 

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Logical-Argument

Having said that I thought Megsons time was up (but that's just my opinion). 

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 10:28, @owlstalk said:

Eh?

He couldn’t get us promoted so we had to bring in Dave Joneś to do it

We were third in the league when Megson left having just beaten the pigs who were in second; closing the gap on them.

Megson had just signed Antonio who proved to be way too good for League One.

The pigs were to lose their main goal scorer, Ched Evans, and struggled to score goals without him.

We may well have gone on to get the automatic promotion spot under Megson and, as it is impossible to know how the rest of the season would have panned out under Megson we will never know.  We certainly would have made the play offs as an absolute minimum.

The rumour was that Megson had a big bust up with Mandric over COG and the rest was history.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

We were third in the league when Megson left having just beaten the pigs who were in second; closing the gap on them.

Megson had just signed Antonio who proved to be way too good for League One.

The pigs were to lose their main goal scorer, Ched Evans, and struggled to score goals without him.

We may well have gone on to get the automatic promotion spot under Megson and, as it is impossible to know how the rest of the season would have panned out under Megson we will never know.  We certainly would have made the play offs as an absolute minimum.

The rumour was that Megson had a big bust up with Mandric over COG and the rest was history.

and as I remember, once the players were allowed to play under Jones, we went on that long winning run. I think we might see a similar reaction now, if we brought in a manager who encouraged the team to go out and play

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

WOW - that's actually one of the most ridiculous statements of the day (and that's saying something with the Garry Monk compare the manager stats thread in existence)

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WOW - that's actually one of the most ridiculous statements of the day (and that's saying something with the Garry Monk compare the manager stats thread in existence)

Cheers, that takes some doing on owlstalk:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Am I missing something? We would be still in the 3rd Division under Megson,  probably playing a worse long ball game than we are now. Yes he's a Wednesday fan, yes he beat United in his last game, yes he signed a game changer with his last signing but I will never forget walking out of Chesterfield when it was the last straw of his negative set up. Its a no from me.

1 minute ago, alexdave1867 said:

Am I missing something? We would be still in the 3rd Division under Megson,  probably playing a worse long ball game than we are now. Yes he's a Wednesday fan, yes he beat United in his last game, yes he signed a game changer with his last signing but I will never forget walking out of Chesterfield when it was the last straw of his negative set up. Its a no from me.

Yeah but he kisses his badge and waves his arms a lot n that

Owlstalk Shop

Megson is remembered fondly because he's a Wednesday lad and beat United in his last game.

There would be loads of threads calling from Carlos to come back if he'd beaten United.

A lot of fans won't admit it, but they only care about whether or not we beat United, and it's more important to them than anything else we do.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, alexdave1867 said:

all true I’m afraid, apart from the bit about being a Wednesday fan

Edited by gurujuan

Sorry folks, but the science says sacking the manager doesn't affect results in the long run (https://ibmathsresources.com/2014/01/19/does-sacking-a-manager-improve-results/).

I am surprised as anyone to read this (before you start having a go!).

I thought it was more of Mandaric's impeccable timing in shunting out Megson for Jones that just gave us the impetus at the right time to win eleven out of he last fifteen games.

Perhaps, according to the above study, it would have happened anyway. During the 12/13 season the "magic" of a new manager wore off and it was Jones' time for another change.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Sorry folks, but the science says sacking the manager doesn't affect results in the long run (https://ibmathsresources.com/2014/01/19/does-sacking-a-manager-improve-results/). 

This is actually 100% true

We need to be careful here with Monk - remember that Manchester United nearly sacked Alex Ferguson at one point

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

That's because he's preparing Oxfords Manager for when he becomes the next manager of Sheffield Wednesday FC ...

So There!!......

robinson.thumb.jpg.6e63c96adac640f0b6e2e67202caf77e.jpg

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 22.01.53.jpg

It's a not from me

If that's the standards he lives his life to we should rule him out immediately

Owlstalk Shop

16 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

Yep, true.

But there will have been someone that could properly mentor him. It’s clear that he needed/needs it.

I do agree. I think losing Aldridge had a big effect. Chansiri's biggest crime was naivety, naïve transfer business, naïve to FFP/P&S rules and naïve pricing structure.

• Thanks 2