Massimo Luongo - Out For Next Three Games

4 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

He'll be a big miss but it does feel as though he struggles to stay fit consistently.

It would be nice if we learnt our lessons and stopped bringing in players who are injured all the time.

Agreed. However a kick on the leg you cannot do anything about.

What is it with us and injuries, it was the same under Carlos and Jos, is it because we always buy older players? He’ll be a big miss, as this was the run of six games where we were looking at a minimum of 4 wins. So 4 from five games now. Need Brown to be fit for this one now

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:
Luongo Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

How big a miss will he be?  Just started to impress me then in typical Wednesday fashion goes and gets injured.

Who will step in to his boots? 

I will be happy at three.

He hyperextended his knee and anything could have gone. Exactly the same as Fletcher last season so three games will be a bonus

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What is it with us and injuries, it was the same under Carlos and Jos, is it because we always buy older players? He’ll be a big miss, as this was the run of six games where we were looking at a minimum of 4 wins. So 4 from five games now. Need Brown to be fit for this one now

Who's the 'we' you refer to?

It makes you wonder what exactly they do in training.  Far too many of our players are getting injured for it just to be bad luck.

Do they lack stamina, resilience and core strength. Do they do stretching exercises or fail to warm down and as soon as training is over, jump

in their cars and off home and then wonder why they tweak something in the next competitive match.

This needs looking into ASAP. 

Just now, gurujuan said:

Sheffield Wednesday

Have I missed something?

I know Monk had said that he'd set a target of being out of negative points by the end of this week (but seemed realistic about our chances of achieving this), but has he or someone else come out and suggested they're targeting a minimum of 4 wins from these six games?

If we pull that off, then we'll be showing top-two form, so it's certainly an ambitious target to set!

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

I agree he offers nothing going forward but also he is lightweight defensively. 
He’s ok at tackling and interceptions but gets outmuscled, offers nothing in the air and adds nothing on set pieces in either box.

I would rather play an extra defender in there.

I'm with you on this. I'm still not sure what Joey brings to us. He's a tidy enough footballer but he's got no attributes to affect a game. Too soft to be defensive and not good enough to be attacking. It's as if he's making up the numbers most of the time.