Massimo Luongo - Out For Next Three Games

57 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

A shame we never tried Palmer there in cup games to see if he can do the role.

With a decent communicator behind him he might have been able to.

Alas it's far too important of a match to start improvising. 

I was going to post the same.

Played a lot of his career in midfield, I would imagine he could slot in nicely.

2 hours ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

A shame we never tried Palmer there in cup games to see if he can do the role.

With a decent communicator behind him he might have been able to.

Alas it's far too important of a match to start improvising. 

His early games for Wednesday and on loan at Tranmere were in a defensive midfield position so it wouldn’t be too much of a risk.

If Iorfa isn’t ready yet  I’d prefer Palmer in the back three to Odubajo though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blueform mac said:

I couldn't agree more,forget Elephants and Buddhist monks ,get the ground exercised. And I couldn't be more serious. Look at what has happened  over the last 40 years!

I agree. 

I mean it's pretty obvious really even if most people wouldnt recognise it due to their belief system.

16 hours ago, mogbad said:

That's what should happen but unfortunately Joey feels dizzy when Barry is more than a yard away. 

I actually think it’s the opposite that is true. 

Bannan all too often runs back to the defensive players to take the ball rather than finding space in advanced position or receiving the ball when tightly marked. 

Then Bannan all too often gives it straight back to them, but now they have one less option further forward to find, less time as they’ve been closed down and panic/play long hopeful balls. 

Coming deep to take the ball is fine, as long as you then pass it out. Coming deep to play a one-two with lesser quality passers of the ball is selfish and abdication of responsibility. 

Edited by Philb125

21 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

He'll be a big miss but it does feel as though he struggles to stay fit consistently.

It would be nice if we learnt our lessons and stopped bringing in players who are injured all the time.

Before joining us he played 154 games in four years at QPR and 102 games in 2 years at Swindon... Hardly injured all the time.