BREAKING NEWS - Aden Flint signs for Sheffield Wednesday

3 minutes ago, Jackie Sewell said:

I would suggest we will see far fewer injury time goals against us with Flint in the team.  And we will have the 'Star Jumps Goal' tactic at the other end. 

Agree, really happy with this one. 

Another proven top-half Championship performer and again, the type of player we're going to need given this year is going to be a once-off total dogfight. I don't think people realise enough that even with decent mid-table form it doesn't get you out of the relegation zone until something like the 41st game (as a previous poster highlighted in a great thread).

It's going to be a serious test of nerve this year and I'd wager someone like Flint will play a really valuable role in helping navigate that.

• Like 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
36 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

great sigining! expect goals from corners now

Depends if Bannan is still here to take them :ph34r:

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
8 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Why, has he learnt to clear the first man recently....

That was my point... We’ll only score from corners once he’s off them (and not replaced by Joey)!

Really wonder wot some of our fans expected ? -14 covid19 no income for over 6 months less money altogether? I’m no monk fan yet to win me over but most of the signings we can’t complain about? I would love us to have got young hungry youngsters on loan from prem or a couple of rough diamonds from done foreign shores and total football our way to safety? Blowing away most of opponents along the way!!! But reality is we in a relegation fight that probably gona last right up to end of season? Monk has by and large gone for experience of playing in this league,it’s fine signing youngsters but we haven’t the time to simply wait for them to click. One thing looking at most of our recruits is that they a point to prove and are willing to roll their sleeves up and scrap for us which is something a lot of our so called superstars of last few yrs haven’t? 4th bottom will do me fine this season and hope monk pulls it off cus quite a few don’t realise how hard it’s going to be 

• Like 4

Rated Flint at Bristol City, seemed an absolute beast... Seems to have gone off the boil recently and his technical failings have become more apparent.

On balance I think he's a good signing and a solid centre half, if extremely poor on the ball... If him and Lees play together I don't think it will be pretty. (Apart from the Alice band obvs)

Did some leadership work with this lad once -  was a real team player, got stuck in gaffered the job I gave him to do.  He didn't appear to realise just how much of a 'leader' he was.  He had potential to be a 'Captain', we are a few years on - lets see if its come to fruition.   My real weak point with him was I challenged him on something and he backed down very, very quickly...... Again may have come on with age. 

Edited by Prutton Away