GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

40 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Megson wouldn't have done it

Mandaric saw that and acted

The thing I didn't like about Megson was if we were winning around the 65th minute, he'd take off our attacking threat and go all out defensive

It cost him dearly at Walsall, we were winning 1-0 with 10 or 15 minutes left, he took off Marshall and Rob Jones, and we fell apart and lost with two late goals

He did similar at home to Huddersfield, winning 4-2 he took Marshall off again, we all know how that ended up

Megson thought he was a master tactician, and he wasn't, he was the same as Pulis, grab a lead and defend it

Thankfully Manderic saw this and did what had to be done

Milan sacked Megson because he called him a Serbian see you next Tuesday. It's all a matter of conjecture what would have happened if he had stayed.

Interestingly there is no Cult of Dave Jones on here.

Why is there a Cult of Megson? Because a lot of Wednesday fans genuinely rate him.

5 hours ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

You are deluded to think this. How you can say fans want us relegated to prove a point is beyond me when we look at recent results - the reason i want him out is to survive and stay in the league.

You throw your dummy out because you have NOTHING to prove Monk is any good. Yet all facts prove he is rubbish. Equals to or worse than Jos from recent FACTS on PPG. 

Currently on 4 points after 3 games. Over a season we end up on 61/62 points minus the 12 leaving us with 49/50 points which could point to relegation. Vague enough for you?? Or do you not like facts? I understand 3 games is 3 games but it is still not enough points per game at this current rate. No I do not expect us to win every game and yes I do understand a win against QPR will change this but so would a loss. However, recent results not pointing to goal scoring at home either. Choose to read what you want but at the end of the day 2020 has been pathetic. 

5 wins in 25 or something like that. Yet you expect fans to have blind optimism in his approach. 

Minimal amount of goals at Hillsborough but AGAIN you call for fans to have blind optimism. GET REAL. 

I said it sounds like you want us to go down. That’s how you come accross. You. Your posts. That’s my opinion, if you don’t like it, that’s just just too bad.

Maybe your use of capital letters shows I hit a nerve. 

Your comical rant goes to prove you’ve clearly not grasped anything I’ve  ever said about Monk, and more importantly, the job he took on.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Other than what happened here last season, what's so bad about them?

Leeds disastrous end to the season where they were pipped to the final play off place by Fulham, and his collapse at Birmingham where he had them top half and they ended the season in a relegation scrap.

• Like 1

Just now, Emilianenko said:

Leeds disastrous end to the season where they were pipped to the final play off place by Fulham, and his collapse at Birmingham where he had them top half and they ended the season in a relegation scrap.

Leeds had finished 13th the season before Monk took over. He had a net transfer spend of £900K and guided them to 7th place. Their second half of the season wasn't as strong as their first (41 points vs 34 points), but 1.47 points per game over the final 23 games can hardly be described as disastrous with the squad he had at his disposal. They finished 13th again the following season, too.

As for Birmingham, the fact that they suffered a nine point deduction which dropped them from 13th to 18th might have had something to do with them ending up in a 'relegation scrap'...which they successfully fought to finish 12 points clear of the drop (they'd have been 21 points clear without the deduction).

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Leeds had finished 13th the season before Monk took over. He had a net transfer spend of £900K and guided them to 7th place. Their second half of the season wasn't as strong as their first (41 points vs 34 points), but 1.47 points per game over the final 23 games can hardly be described as disastrous with the squad he had at his disposal. They finished 13th again the following season, too.

As for Birmingham, the fact that they suffered a nine point deduction which dropped them from 13th to 18th might have had something to do with them ending up in a 'relegation scrap'...which they successfully fought to finish 12 points clear of the drop (they'd have been 21 points clear without the deduction).

After beating Brighton 2–0 on 19 March 2017, Leeds were firmly in the playoff positions and in the hunt for automatic promotion, having pulled 11 points clear of 7th place.[48] However, after a dramatic loss of form in the final 8 matches of the season, Leeds mathematically missed out on the playoffs on the final day of the season, finishing in 7th place after being overtaken by Fulham.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
10 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm a Monk fan

Time will tell if Monk is a success or not

But for supporters to have called for his sacking, when he's just completed his first year without his coaching staff, and without being allowed to purchase a single player

It's just unbelievable

Give the man a chance, we've had a losing culture at this football club for 20 years, that won't be changed overnight

I’m a Wednesday fan. If monk moves Wednesday forward then fine if he doesn’t he needs to go. I can totally see why people dont rate him. He has been in charge of a few championship clubs but never achieved a promotion despite being allowed to build teams at a couple of them. Not having his own back room staff was difficult last season and there were some signs of improvement and I got excited at times . Conversely there were also some strange team selections and even stranger substitutions and negative play at the start of games - almost like we wanted to get to 0-0 at half time. Now he’s got his staff and is building his squad we will see and so far it has been a mixed bag but mainly positive. But unlike a lot of people on here I don’t stand blindly behind a manager. It will be obvious by Xmas if he has the minerals or not.

27 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

All facts. Not opinions, facts. 

And I’m not sure he’s ever taken a club down either.

Sadky, your well rounded post will be ignored by some. They will only be happy when Monk leaves. If Monk leaves, it will probably because we’ve been relegated. 
A Pyrrhic victory. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

That's something only DC knows but I'm amazed he didn't but that won't last if results don't happen.

So he backs him with the squad and coaching staff - all at cost, then when results are poor, he sacks him straight away. And presumably his back room staff.

And I assume you’ve got a replacement who can guarantee improvement.

For a club under financial pressure, to me, it seems unlikely.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

After beating Brighton 2–0 on 19 March 2017, Leeds were firmly in the playoff positions and in the hunt for automatic promotion, having pulled 11 points clear of 7th place.[48] However, after a dramatic loss of form in the final 8 matches of the season, Leeds mathematically missed out on the playoffs on the final day of the season, finishing in 7th place after being overtaken by Fulham.

Yes, they finished 7th, which was a very good performance given their squad at the time. As I said - Monk had a net transfer spend of less than a million, yet improved them from mid-table also-rans to playoff-chasers for that season.

I just don't see a points return of 1.47 points per game as a disastrous second half of the season give the players he was working with.

How about 'his collapse at Birmingham'? Are you sticking with that interpretation, or does the fact they had nine pointes deducted in March and still finished 12 points clear of the drop not factor into your take on that situation?

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yes, they finished 7th, which was a very good performance given their squad at the time. As I said - Monk had a net transfer spend of less than a million, yet improved them from mid-table also-rans to playoff-chasers for that season.

I just don't see a points return of 1.47 points per game as a disastrous second half of the season give the players he was working with.

How about 'his collapse at Birmingham'? Are you sticking with that interpretation, or does the fact they had nine pointes deducted in March and still finished 12 points clear of the drop not factor into your take on that situation?

You asked for examples of poor second half seasons from Monk.

I gave you 2 examples. Yet you can’t accept it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm a Monk fan

Time will tell if Monk is a success or not

But for supporters to have called for his sacking, when he's just completed his first year without his coaching staff, and without being allowed to purchase a single player

It's just unbelievable

Give the man a chance, we've had a losing culture at this football club for 20 years, that won't be changed overnight

Carlos managed to turn the losing culture into a top 6 finish inside 1 season.

Given that he has been labeled a clown who left us with a raft of overpaid wasters I am expecting big things from a manager who knows what he is doing and has an enthusiastic young, hungry squad.