GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Dear god you really are one of them aren't you, the post was we are looking in the wrong markets - the 20-40k a week is none of us know what we could end up pay for Zohore if we continue to try and sign him. We need to focus in the markets we can afford not the EPL or to that extent the championship.

Dear god you're one of them aren't you,the post by you was,we've spent the summer trying to sign players on £20/£30/£40k a week,when as it happens we haven't.

SWFC/DC and Monk will know who/what can be afforded,doesn't mean its the WRONG market.

• Haha 1

Considering we have won 1 league game at home in 2020 , no one can blame the fans for thinking we need a new manager. 

Lets not get ahead of ourselves but I’ve said before that, if by November time we have made very little progress then people have a right to voice their opinion on this matter. Monk now has the structure in place that he has wanted ever since we appointed him. 

The fixtures in October are all very winnable, but if we fail to capitalise on it then I think there will be no way back for him.

• Like 3

DC has backed Monk so its pretty clear he's going to get a decent crack at it.

It's true that the second half of last season was a disaster but I'm not sure its really an indicator of likely success this year. The circumstances are just so different.

I think Monk has lot to prove but let's give him some time to do so. He has a support structure in place now and his own players so it should be a much more conducive environment for success. That could make all the difference.

• Like 1

Just now, full fathom five said:

Very, very lucky to still be here

No doubt, but he’s here. Been allowed to plough through the squad by the chairman, supported in the transfer market and now got his own back room staff.

Those who think a bad run of results will see him sacked need to realign their sights.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shandypants said:

Dear “Monk out” mob

Can’t you see that you’re p1551ng into the wind? 

Firstly, Monk has just been allowed to completely restructure the first team and under 23 management set up and bring in four or five new management team members - that suggests he has Chansiri’s backing; secondly, Chansiri hasn’t generally got an itchy trigger finger and tends to hang onto managers; and lastly, Monk has been set the task of refreshing the squad by replacing the “proven” high wage earners with lower wage earners with the potential to kick on - Chansiri will be expecting poor performances and bad results. 

You “Monk out” lot ought to keep your powder dry because it seems pretty futile to call for Monk to go at the point in time. 

Regards 

Shandy

Too many poor performances and bad results and were in league 1, not sure DC will be expecting that.

Dear “Monk out” mob

Firstly, Monk has just been allowed to completely restructure the first team and under 23 management set up and bring in four or five new management team members - that suggests he has Chansiri’s backing; secondly, Chansiri hasn’t generally got an itchy trigger finger and tends to hang onto managers; and lastly, Monk has been set the task of refreshing the squad by replacing the “proven” high wage earners with lower wage earners with the potential to kick on - Chansiri will be expecting poor performances and bad results. 

You “Monk out” lot ought to keep your powder dry because it seems pretty futile to call for Monk to go at the point in time. 

Regards 

Shandy

If ONLY.....they would give it a ****ing rest.....   if nothing else its been done to death(last season)   Its a massive job in front of us,Premier League allegedly playing hardball with the EFL,Clubs may go to the wall,let alone be relegated as a consequence of alleged high wage bills,overspending & football finance in general...

Why oh why cant people see the bigger picture? Whatever went before Covid 19 is a 'gamechanger'...The money the EFL want for survival for a year,could be paid out of what the first 2,or 3 Premier league teams got in payments last season.2 or 3 teams!! FFS...in one League,would pay for an entire Division of teams,such is the divide in finances

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

No doubt, but he’s here. Been allowed to plough through the squad by the chairman, supported in the transfer market and now got his own back room staff.

Those who think a bad run of results will see him sacked need to realign their sights.

Do they really??? a manager is and always will be judged on results. If he doesn't get the results he will be finished.

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky

Dear “Monk out” mob

Regards 

Shandy

Not this again :bullen:

Can`t we just ridicule the "Monk in" nut jobs?

42 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Considering we have won 1 league game at home in 2020 , no one can blame the fans for thinking we need a new manager. 

Lets not get ahead of ourselves but I’ve said before that, if by November time we have made very little progress then people have a right to voice their opinion on this matter. Monk now has the structure in place that he has wanted ever since we appointed him. 

The fixtures in October are all very winnable, but if we fail to capitalise on it then I think there will be no way back for him.

Job may be bigger than a couple of Months results......other teams have shown its perfectly possible to drop down to the division below and come back (Rotherham,Barnsley) indeed some go up & down like a yoyo.....

I dont consider us to be in that position,far from it,but none of us know how deep the 'rot' has been,nor the difficulty of a -12 deduction....

I agree October is a good litmus test  the teams we are playing in my view should see us get 6 to 7 points as a minimum...if not...

Well i think we can expect a very long,difficult season..

I don’t expect him to need it but Monk has a ‘free go’ this season with the 12 point deduction.  Even if the worst happens and we are relegated (can’t see it myself) the changes he’s made to the squad are much needed and long overdue.  It’s difficult given the stupid current restrictions but I’d like to have seen us fans try a new approach and actually back the manager and team unconditionally for a season.  I wonder if it would make a difference?

Dear “Monk out” mob

Regards 

Shandy

Another odd post.

it would make absolutely no difference to Garry monk, the players or anyone at the club if every single post on this site called for Garry monk to be fired.

lets be clear. There is no powder to light so it doesn’t matter if said powder is wet or dry. No fans are allowed into the ground to express their views of the team or the manager. 

I don’t see why there is this strange obsession in trying to get other people posting on an Internet forum to think all in the same way. It has absolutely no impact on anything. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

But they didn’t go down. 

It really  sounds like you want them too so you can come on and say I told you so.

You are deluded to think this. How you can say fans want us relegated to prove a point is beyond me when we look at recent results - the reason i want him out is to survive and stay in the league.

You throw your dummy out because you have NOTHING to prove Monk is any good. Yet all facts prove he is rubbish. Equals to or worse than Jos from recent FACTS on PPG. 

Currently on 4 points after 3 games. Over a season we end up on 61/62 points minus the 12 leaving us with 49/50 points which could point to relegation. Vague enough for you?? Or do you not like facts? I understand 3 games is 3 games but it is still not enough points per game at this current rate. No I do not expect us to win every game and yes I do understand a win against QPR will change this but so would a loss. However, recent results not pointing to goal scoring at home either. Choose to read what you want but at the end of the day 2020 has been pathetic. 

5 wins in 25 or something like that. Yet you expect fans to have blind optimism in his approach. 

Minimal amount of goals at Hillsborough but AGAIN you call for fans to have blind optimism. GET REAL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Okay, I'll bite.

Dear Monk "In" Rabble

We in the mob are concerned that our current manager has no proven track record of success at any of the number of clubs that he has managed. Add to this the absolutely woeful form that he oversaw since the start of the year (2nd worst in the league). Average (at best) managers dont suddenly become Brian Clough overnight. In addition to that there are a number of better managers currently out of work and available, one even has the same initials.

That said, DC has clearly backed his man and we recognise the need to pull together for the better of the club. Our powder will indeed be kept dry until results & performances go south under the current occupant of the Hillsborough hotseat.

Yours Sincerely - The Monk "Out" Mob

PS: Note to members - next meeting is on Saturday Morning at 6 am in Grenoside Woods (after the Dogging fraternity have gone home) for a 5 mile run to Wharncliffe Crags & back. Please dont forget your Ginger Wigs.

Well Put.

I dont understand why we should keep quiet p1ssing i the wind or not. We have a valid argument and for the most part we are all behind the team. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

You mean that fella who signed Julian Bennett, twice

I'll stick with Monk

Yeah, that bloke that built a promotion winning side from Alan Irvine's team of losers, signed Antonio, tried to get Chris Wood & Jeff Schlup when they were unknown. He is twice the manager that the current incumbent is. I'll take The Laird of West Bromwich's % win ratio of 45 % with us against the organ grinders monkey's measly 32 % anytime thank you. 

• Like 4