GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

Just now, SouthernOwl24 said:

Thats fine if you do. 

If you were Monk in last season following one of the worst run of form the club has ever seen then you are also happy settling for relegation. Simple as that.

Have been since he got here,and just out of interest,because i may have missed something,when did we get relegated ?

Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Have been since he got here,and just out of interest,because i may have missed something,when did we get relegated ?

The form in 2020 is relegation form. Goals scored at home is relegation form. Do you know what form means? Or are you arguing for the sake of it. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I don't know how reliable this website is but it seems to suggest Pattinson is on circa £20k a week with Cardiff - not sure if any of the ITK's lot know what he is on at Hillsborough

https://footballleaguefc.com/2019-20-cardiff-city-player-wages/ - it would suggest their players wage bill was around the £21-25m mark for last season.

Looking at the wages on the same site for the pigs players, I wouldn't trust anything on it.  I know for a fact 5 of the pigs figures are wrong and by quite a bit.

I don't care one way or the other if Monk stays or goes. He's just our manager for now, he will either fail and eventually get fired or he will do well and get poached by another club.

I really don't get why people invest so much attention to the issue. Managers come and go.

Obviously I want us to be successful and I can see the state we were in last season with some players who just didn't care and only turned up if they felt like it. Monk was told to freshen up the squad which he is in the process of doing, he's now got coaches he can work with. We just need to be patient to see how well we do. I'm not expecting much. One window is a start but more change is needed. If we stay up this season I'll be content, if we show fight and determination I'll be pleased .

Be patient for now, nothing will be gained by further upheaval until we see which way things go.

• Like 3

Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

The form THIS season isnt,last season is history.

In which I said in my original post I would wait until the season develops to want him gone. 

Also form table for 2020 - relegation form:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/jahrestabelle/wettbewerb/GB2

Have you been taking note this year? Or were you in a hole for the latter part of the season?

Again arguing for the sake of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

We in the mob are concerned that our current manager has no proven track record of success at any of the number of clubs that he has managed.

This is a rather spurious argument. We are currently an unremarkable Championship club facing a 12 point deficit and severe spending restrictions. My guess is that managers with any significant success already have a much more attractive job and would be unlikely to be attracted here if they didn't. And if you're prepared to be slightly objective (a concept that seems to be on the road to extinction these days) his past record is not one disaster after another and does come with some credit, even if it does not compare well with Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I think the issues is we are shopping in the premier league and the championship and cannot afford the prices. There are some very good players in the Bundersleague 2, there are some promising talent in leagues 1 and 2 and also Scotland. But instead we spend the whole transfer window trying to sign players on £20,30, 40,000 a week that we will end up paying for players that could take 3 months to get up to speed.

There was 1 or 2 strikers I mentioned a while ago from the French 2nd division, that we could have looked at but for whatever reason our recruitment seems very limited to English teams.

https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/transfer-talk/report-wednesday-offer-stunning-25k-a-week-package-for-west-broms-kenneth-zohore/

Can only find one article on a £25,ooo a week offer,now,you show me/us the offers for £30,000/£40,000 a week ?

2 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

In which I said in my original post I would wait until the season develops to want him gone. 

Also form table for 2020 - relegation form:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/jahrestabelle/wettbewerb/GB2

Have you been taking note this year? Or were you in a hole for the latter part of the season?

Again arguing for the sake of it. 

Look,you can post/bring up stats for the whole of this year as many times as you like,fact is swfc are a championship team,this season is all that matters for me.

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, shandypants said:

Dear “Monk out” mob

Can’t you see that you’re p1551ng into the wind? 

Firstly, Monk has just been allowed to completely restructure the first team and under 23 management set up and bring in four or five new management team members - that suggests he has Chansiri’s backing; secondly, Chansiri hasn’t generally got an itchy trigger finger and tends to hang onto managers; and lastly, Monk has been set the task of refreshing the squad by replacing the “proven” high wage earners with lower wage earners with the potential to kick on - Chansiri will be expecting poor performances and bad results. 

You “Monk out” lot ought to keep your powder dry because it seems pretty futile to call for Monk to go at the point in time. 

Regards 

Shandy

Restructure the under 23s?? No he hasnt..hes banished bully and weaves from the furst team(rightly so)..and dc has dumped them on the 23s just to find a job for them

1 hour ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

I'll back him but I've got my doubts about him.

I want him to prove me wrong because that'll mean we've got a hard working, honest, winning team, with a nasty streak in it when needed, which is what we all want?

Yep thats where I am.   Not bothered about the nasty streak bit would swap that for finesse but so long as we avoid relegation and get to mid table then he deserves to have a crack at it next season.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/transfer-talk/report-wednesday-offer-stunning-25k-a-week-package-for-west-broms-kenneth-zohore/

Can only find one article on a £25,ooo a week offer,now,you show me/us the offers for £30,000/£40,000 a week ?

Dear god you really are one of them aren't you, the post was we are looking in the wrong markets - the 20-40k a week is none of us know what we could end up pay for Zohore if we continue to try and sign him. We need to focus in the markets we can afford not the EPL or to that extent the championship.

32 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Thats fine if you do. 

If you were Monk in last season following one of the worst run of form the club has ever seen then you are also happy settling for relegation. Simple as that.

But they didn’t go down. 

It really  sounds like you want them too so you can come on and say I told you so.

• Like 1

Jury is out for me, so will see how it develops over the coming months.

I really don't think changing manager now would be productive, as they would come in to someone else's build and structure with no time to impact on that.

Then we'd be calling for their head also.

We really can't afford that disruption and negativity at this point given the current crisis.

So for now I'm behind GM, time will tell.

• Like 1