Harris

Luke

I don’t think he works in this system 

Have him as a wing back and although he’s not bad at defending, you’re nullifying his ability to attack to his full potential 

Either play him as an attacking winger (which would mean a change of system) or bench him and use him as an impact sub 

He’s an attacking winger or nothing for me 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

He's an awful wingback, but I can't imagine he's ever confessed to being a wingback. If we are so insistent on playing 3 at the back, and not bringing in a proper striker (Paterson is not a proper striker either,) then I don't know why we've gone 352 and not 343. Windass, kachunga, reach and harris could all play in that front 3. Far too many square pegs in round holes at the minute, and harris arguably stands out as the squarest peg

32 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I don’t dislike him at all So please don’t twist things...I think in the right system and with some decent coaching he could be a player at this level. However, he was poor today and has been for months and sadly we have very little in the way of alternative options at the moment. 

show me a stat that proves my comment wrong and I’ll apologise but sadly you won’t find one cos he he doesn’t assist and he doesn’t score. 

Given we didn't score Tod then obviously he's not going to have an assist or goal 😀

He had a good game today, anyone who knows football will agree with that. I've not checked but his number of touches and successful passes will show that.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Given we didn't score Tod then obviously he's not going to have an assist or goal 😀

He had a good game today, anyone who knows football will agree with that. I've not checked but his number of touches and successful passes will show that.

I was on about overall not just today.

ah the “anyone who knows” football quote...he was poor as all of them where in the second half. I think your blinded by fact he runs the ball down blind ally’s. 

Edited by Wednesday_Jack

17 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Don’t go looking for people that understand football on Owlstalk . They’re a rare breed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

He started to win me over start of last season, but should have stuck to my original assessment; Grafter. Poor end product.

Monk and Beattie et al need to work with him. We need his pace in the final third. 

That second half showed we're lacking in invention in mid field and up front. We need someone to keep hold of the ball when we win it. If that's Kadeem running it into the opponent's half then so be it.

Someone quoted a stat last week that Harris has covered more miles than any other Wednesday player with forward runs on the ball. We need him doing that in the last third, with support from team mates.

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Monk and Beattie et al need to work with him. We need his pace in the final third. 

That second half showed we're lacking in invention in mid field and up front. We need someone to keep hold of the ball when we win it. If that's Kadeem running it into the opponent's half then so be it.

Someone quoted a stat last week that Harris has covered more miles than any other Wednesday player with forward runs on the ball. We need him doing that in the last third, with support from team mates.

How long do you persevere with a player lacking end product? He's 27. Same goes for Reach & Odubajo too.

i was encouraged when we were linked with Aaron Hickey, Jordan Jones, and Dion Sanderson. Suggested we were looking for upgrades in wide areas.

As things stand, we're going with the same wing-back options. Not convinced Penney has the consistency to hold down a place either. Make-or-break year for him here.

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

How long do you persevere with a player lacking end product? He's 27. Same goes for Reach & Odubajo too.

i was encouraged when we were linked with Aaron Hickey, Jordan Jones, and Dion Sanderson. Suggested we were looking for upgrades in wide areas.

As things stand, we're going with the same wing-back options. Not convinced Penney has the consistency to hold down a place either. Make-or-break year for him here.

I don't dispute these players have limitations, but what are they doing in training? And conversely, unless we bring in players who are better than Reach, Harris and Penney then the manager has to figure out how to get the best out of them.

Jos managed to get the best out of Reach, but ultimately lost the plot. Bullen seemed to get the most out of Harris, in his first 12 games or so last year.

Jos even got Penney scoring goals for St Pauli last season.

I don't think swapping and changing the front line helps.

Edited by Ozymandias Owl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I was on about overall not just today.

ah the “anyone who knows” football quote...he was poor as all of them where in the second half. I think your blinded by fact he runs the ball down blind ally’s. 

By blind alleys you mean he's double marked, that is a compliment from the opposition.

He played well today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1