Harris

Luke

On 27/09/2020 at 15:48, Sticky Micky said:

Poor man's wade small 

He has some pace but fail to see what else he offers 

1 assist and 0 goals in 2020 

Offers more than almost any other player - can’t be effective as a winger if he’s being made to player wing back. I’m not been funny but do you understand the compromises this system requires? Also, do you watch the games? Harris is usually one of the only ones trying to make things happen notwithstanding the fact that he is playing out of position and needing to burn a lot of the energy he should be using to attach in the process.

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, Jim said:

There’s only perhaps Dele-Bashiru who’s playing out of position. You could be pedantic and say Iorfa is but who would trust Van Aken or Borner at the moment.

The experts on here were saying that Bannan was at his more effective when playing more to the left. Brown on the right and Windass as the number 10 which the experts have been suggesting. 

Obviously I named this team before Paterson signed so he would be at the point.

I can’t really see with that 11 how I’ve contradicted myself TBH but hey someone will point it out. They always do. Clever tw@ts that they are 😉

Jim you’ve got Iorfa, Penney, Dele, Bannan, Brown playing in unfamiliar positions.
That’s your opinion but there is a lot of square pegs in round holes. That side would get murdered down the flanks and through the middle.

Guest mrbluesky

He was more effective last season when cutting in and driving into the box from a more central position, also In my humble opinion, instead of running 100 mile an hour all the time, look to link up after receiving the ball, maybe then he won`t be as easy to read, for me Monk has to mix up his game more,. but thus far hasn`t.

53 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Jim you’ve got Iorfa, Penney, Dele, Bannan, Brown playing in unfamiliar positions.
That’s your opinion but there is a lot of square pegs in round holes. That side would get murdered down the flanks and through the middle.

That’s you’re opinion mate and you’re entitled to it.

As I said in my previous post I don’t believe the left side of the attacking midfield 3 is unfamiliar to Bannan as he wouldn’t be expected to stay out wide. Perhaps you could swap Windass and Brown but the attacking midfield 3 is not a orthodox midfield.

I take you’re point about the flanks but I would expect the defensive midfield 2 to cover wide and central when necessary. The back four would probably have to make better judgments defensively on where to be, when to stay, etc.?

You won’t convince me 352 with our current personnel will work?

Guest Willow Owl
7 minutes ago, Jim said:

That’s you’re opinion mate and you’re entitled to it.

As I said in my previous post I don’t believe the left side of the attacking midfield 3 is unfamiliar to Bannan as he wouldn’t be expected to stay out wide. Perhaps you could swap Windass and Brown but the attacking midfield 3 is not a orthodox midfield.

I take you’re point about the flanks but I would expect the defensive midfield 2 to cover wide and central when necessary. The back four would probably have to make better judgments defensively on where to be, when to stay, etc.?

You won’t convince me 352 with our current personnel will work?

All about opinions Jim

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Playing as an out and out winger, Harris provided ONE assist from the left last season. Even with Fletcher to aim at. That was the lovely chip to Fletch at Huddersfield.

His shooting is dire. It was last season and it is this season.

Hes on the wrong side of the pitch. If we are playing 352 I think he’s an excellent fit. But not on the left. Plain as the nose on your face - it doesn’t work. 

Defensively you should never be on your weaker foot. Attacking it’s fine if you are good cutting in (Forestieri, Reach, Mahrez...) but a waste of time if you aren’t. Defenders show him inside as they know he can’t produce.

Really fine player -stamina, speed, work-rate, tracks back fabulously...play him on the right side and you’ve got a real WB.

Good point, he probably would be more effective playing a more balanced role on his natural right side but I think he would be more effective still on the right side as a wide midfielder or a wide attacker in a front 3. He does work hard and gets stuck in defensively but there is little evidence to suggest this 3-5-2/5-3-2 is going to be effective for us. We started playing it after lockdown and in the 12 league matches since then we have picked up 12 points. 

Guest mrbluesky
9 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

And the new scapegoat pf the month is...

Oh do stop it with this nonsense, in the main people are discussing a players ability , it’s what fans do.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Good point, he probably would be more effective playing a more balanced role on his natural right side but I think he would be more effective still on the right side as a wide midfielder or a wide attacker in a front 3. He does work hard and gets stuck in defensively but there is little evidence to suggest this 3-5-2/5-3-2 is going to be effective for us. We started playing it after lockdown and in the 12 league matches since then we have picked up 12 points. 

TBF, and I’m not trying to be funny, once we lost Fletcher nothing was effective. We lost hopelessly under 442 and lost slightly less hopelessly under 352.

We set a very low bar (which might be a cunning plan).

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

TBF, and I’m not trying to be funny, once we lost Fletcher nothing was effective. We lost hopelessly under 442 and lost slightly less hopelessly under 352.

We set a very low bar (which might be a cunning plan).

Difficult to argue with that, have to make sure we are well above that bar in the next 6 games.