Efl , Leyton orient

3 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

They should have played any side that they could and taken the sky money

How? They are training with each other, around each other all the time. Youth team will as well. Plus how would you register the players in time? 

Like been said above, just encourages clubs not to test their players. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

Just been on Orients Twitter.

Looks like Spurs fans spent £20,000 in Orients club shop yesterday,seems like buying Orient kit in kids size which Orient will donate to charity partners.

There's also mention that the EFL might pay Orient thier payment for the missed game too.

All's well that ends well then. Not defending EFL but forfeit for not fulfilling a fixture is poor and expected this punishment. Think it will happen a few more times this season. Think EFL giving them the money would be the right thing to do.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

Tottenham also paid for the testing of Orients players 

I have it in my head the Harry Kane started his career there,I think he donated £20,000 to the club recently too

More than that I’d imagine, he’s their main shirt sponsor for this season.

The uncomfortable point is Hull turned down West Ham’s offer of tests and their game obviously went ahead. Like others have said, Orient have been punished for doing the right thing. 

I get it’s in League Cup rule that unfulfillment is automatic forfeit, but hopefully some see’s sense and pays them the money lost. It worked out at 10% of their losses from Covid too.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

How? They are training with each other, around each other all the time. Youth team will as well. Plus how would you register the players in time? 

Like been said above, just encourages clubs not to test their players. 

According to their chairman they have two squads training apart currently incase this happened. Local health authority weren’t satisfied with that though and called the game off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mildatheart67 said:

I have it in my head the Harry Kane started his career there,I think he donated £20,000 to the club recently too

He did start at Orient on loan.

1st ever league goal? In a 4-0 win against Wednesday in January 2011 - horrible day, horrible game, one of my recentish personal low points...

• Like 1

Nope, got a full season to rearrange the league game.

The next round of the League Cup is next week.

More to point in the rules relating to the League Cup,they broke them.

Intet that the EFL have accepted what the health authority said ,remember ages back that Blackburn did not choose to fulfill a fixture due to I'll health, got docked points and ultimately got relegated that season

As for any premier league bitching about being short of players..world's smallest violin starts playing.

There's self interest of course in Prem teams wanting to be sure there mega expensive players are not playing infected players during these cup games.

Would it surprise anyone that Newcastle  refused to pay for the Fleetwood Town to be tested?