Efl , Leyton orient

14 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

Due to Leyton orient having players test positive that led to the postponement of there tie with Tottenham. The EFL have now made them forfeit because they failed to fulfill the fixture . What an absolute crock of sh@t . Not only will orient now miss out on tv money from the clash and possibility  to play Chelsea in the next round , they are an EFL member ! Yet they make a decision that favours the premier league team . Astonishing , makes a mockery of the testing procedure. 

Sorry if in the wrong section just made me mad but not surprised. 

Football is as bent as a butchers hook.

Football is broken.

Football no longer wants to know unless your playing in the upper echelon of the Premiership.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, mildatheart67 said:

I know it's comparing apples n oranges  in cause but not forfilling fixtures seems to be a hanging case.

Fault lies with Orient , harsh as it is.

Would they gave beat Spurs ,nope.

I believe Spurs are giving Orient the £150,000 broadcast fee .

Sets a precedent anyhow ,got to be likely another team will be unable to put a team up before season is out.

Again it's league ,so different rule book but Cheltenham v Grimsby has been postponed today

Agree with this....the outcome is exactly the same as it would have been without the Covid outbreak

Tottenham are in the next round, Orient have been paid the money they lost by cancelling the game (plus a bit more by the sounds of it)

people just looking for a reason to criticise

Given the exceptonal set of circumstances the entire country finds itself in currently, you'd think maybe there would be some sort of leeway or discussions. 

Luckily , in this instance, it looks like Tottenham have seen the bigger picture, even if others haven't. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

The EFL will always dance to the Premier Leagues tune - I see they have asked for a £250m bailout from the PL, this despite being opposed to a begging bowl culture. Will never change while ever the PL are the kings of cash. 

They've probably asked for the 250mill because the committee have a annual bonus due for another year of inept and negative contribution to the wellbeing of its members. 

On 25/09/2020 at 13:16, mildatheart67 said:

Just been on Orients Twitter.

Looks like Spurs fans spent £20,000 in Orients club shop yesterday,seems like buying Orient kit in kids size which Orient will donate to charity partners.

There's also mention that the EFL might pay Orient thier payment for the missed game too.

That's a brilliant gesture  can't imagine dem blades doing that   if the same happend to us

On 25/09/2020 at 16:23, Dan™ said:

And be made mandatory.

This is an unfortunate turn of events/decision which basically means you're at a competitive disadvantage if you voluntarily do the right thing and test your staff regularly.

Thing is thought testing was mandated. So just another rule, to follow. Could just have easily been spurs who could not play. Would orient fans be complaining then. The rule is their to protect other players as well as us.

I’m no fan of the EFL but I think this was a tough spot for everyone to be in. I’m glad that Spurs and their fans did their bit

I think there’s a wider issue at hand here, which is that this is going to keep occurring, so how the hell are we going to finish the season if clubs aren’t testing regularly and risking squad contagion?

The PFA is reportedly sat on £55m. As this is related to the health of their members I would suggest they stump up to support testing for those that need it

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I’m no fan of the EFL but I think this was a tough spot for everyone to be in. I’m glad that Spurs and their fans did their bit

I think there’s a wider issue at hand here, which is that this is going to keep occurring, so how the hell are we going to finish the season if clubs aren’t testing regularly and risking squad contagion?

The PFA is reportedly sat on £55m. As this is related to the health of their members I would suggest they stump up to support testing for those that need it

Won't that be held in reserve for when clubs can't afford their bills, and 55 m won't go far amongst 60 odd clubs?

20 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Won't that be held in reserve for when clubs can't afford their bills, and 55 m won't go far amongst 60 odd clubs?

It’s for players not clubs. 

The biggest threat I see to players is the season being cancelled, clubs going bankrupt 

Supporting testing directly supports the health and well-being of members and helps to ensure the season can continue.

Otherwise it begs the question of what do they actually do with their cash??? Because when clubs get into strife the PFA don’t pick up the tab.

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It’s for players not clubs. 

The biggest threat I see to players is the season being cancelled, clubs going bankrupt 

Supporting testing directly supports the health and well-being of members and helps to ensure the season can continue.

Otherwise it begs the question of what do they actually do with their cash??? Because when clubs get into strife the PFA don’t pick up the tab.

Sorry misread it, I suppose they will have plans for it for their members for now and well into the future. 

The cost of testing surely should be meet by the clubs they are responsible for H&S matters.

On 25/09/2020 at 13:30, mildatheart67 said:

It's 17;positive tests,players and staff.

Thier league game this weekend is also off.

The EFL got it right.

Got it correct calling game off but they was no need to kick Orient out, final of EFL cup isn't till next March so I'm sure we could have caught up with fixtures. 

Like I said in other thread, if this had been a premier league club not being able to play because a number of players tested positive there's no way that they would have been kicked out. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Sorry misread it, I suppose they will have plans for it for their members for now and well into the future. 

The cost of testing surely should be meet by the clubs they are responsible for H&S matters.

If they actually had some income then yes. But this is unprecedented and risking the health of members so they should step up in exactly this with imo

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

If they actually had some income then yes. But this is unprecedented and risking the health of members so they should step up in exactly this with imo

Can see where you are coming from.  But can also see that the PFA have other priorities and the money will be used as planned as it will have been budgeted etc .