Efl , Leyton orient

Yes- wrong section.

There's a General Football Chat forum on here.

But the EFL have rules and have to follow them, even if it disadvantages a EFL club and favours a PL club.

Orient could have fielded a different 11, but Spurs wouldn't want their multi-million pound team infected.   I don't beleive Orient when they say they had two different squads training apart, due to Covid.  We wouldn't have wanted to play at Orient, I'm sure.

2 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

What does this mean for the smaller clubs ? Probably 150 staff required for match and pre match training. Two tests per week at £120 a chuck that equates to an unaffordable number for the small clubs. The EFL and FA need to take on board at least some of the responsibility of care.

Makes you wonder if starting the season for LG 1 and below made any sense...parrynomics I guess!

30 minutes ago, Wee Willie Henderson said:

Leyton Orient have become another victim of the EFL's inept rules. 

Spurs could have done as Liverpool did last season and played their youngsters in a competition taken less than seriously by the "BIG" Premier league clubs. 

Why, maybe Spurs wanted to win a trophy. It's not down to Spurs they were ready Orient were not. Harsh but those are the rules.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrEdwards said:

If the FA is going to disqualify sides for catching covid, they need to provide covid testing 

And be made mandatory.

This is an unfortunate turn of events/decision which basically means you're at a competitive disadvantage if you voluntarily do the right thing and test your staff regularly.

• Like 3

Sad to say I get more and more disillusioned with football day by day .

What world are the football authorities living in .Dont test your players and thats ok - test your players , declare you have a problem and get kicked out of the competition .

Even the P L will go bust eventually without the support of other clubs  ,and fans, who are losing interest and are now having to pay to watch live games .

Many teams, it seems  to me will ,finish up semi-pro or out of business  given the present state of affairs .

• Like 1

Just now, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I'm not sure what the efl could have done as an alternative here. Next round is scheduled for next week. UEFA are doing the same with teams unable to fulfill fixtures due to positive covid tests. There just isnt anywhere in the calendar to rearrange this. Feel for orient though missing out on this tie.

Cancel a European game for it?

4 hours ago, mildatheart67 said:

Just been on Orients Twitter.

Looks like Spurs fans spent £20,000 in Orients club shop yesterday,seems like buying Orient kit in kids size which Orient will donate to charity partners.

There's also mention that the EFL might pay Orient thier payment for the missed game too.

Good on Spurs fans....More integrity than the bent EFL

Surely it's time for operation 'Bust The Premier League' isn't it?

Supporters of all Football League clubs should just cancel their Sky Sports subscriptions.

Lets get this started!

1 minute ago, Pacific said:

Surely it's time for operation 'Bust The Premier League' isn't it?

Supporters of all Football League clubs should just cancel their Sky Sports subscriptions.

Lets get this started!

Not had sky sports for years

Just stream the games 

The day sky go bust is the day football can begin to go back to normality 

4 hours ago, mildatheart67 said:

Nope, got a full season to rearrange the league game.

The next round of the League Cup is next week.

More to point in the rules relating to the League Cup,they broke them.

Intet that the EFL have accepted what the health authority said ,remember ages back that Blackburn did not choose to fulfill a fixture due to I'll health, got docked points and ultimately got relegated that season

This is completely different to Blackburn not fulfilling a fixture due to ill health, its a worldwide pandemic and they had no choice once the positive tests came back.

The quarter finals of the League Cup aren't until mid-December. surely they could have postponed this game and the next round against Chelsea and fitted the two games in before then. 

I know it's comparing apples n oranges  in cause but not forfilling fixtures seems to be a hanging case.

Fault lies with Orient , harsh as it is.

Would they gave beat Spurs ,nope.

I believe Spurs are giving Orient the £150,000 broadcast fee .

Sets a precedent anyhow ,got to be likely another team will be unable to put a team up before season is out.

Again it's league ,so different rule book but Cheltenham v Grimsby has been postponed today