Penalty Claim

Both Windass and Monk saying it was a stonewaller 

I have to say that from watching it in the moment and then viewing replays I don’t see it that way myself.

Looks like Windass came under a bit of pressure and tried to take the strike earlier than a normal stride would allow for and couldn’t sort his feet in time. 

Maybe there’s a different angle we haven’t seen, but interested to know other opinions...

• Like 3

IMO Windass was being out muscled by the defender, wasn't quite central enough, and realised he would never get the balance to beat Foster with a strike from the angle he ended up at. Cue a shoot and fall over and exclamation that the defender leaned in too much. Not a pen for me... had it been given it would have been very, very soft... but I do think the defender couldn't have got away with much more before it was something of a stone waller...

Edited by StudentOwl

would have been a bit soft IMO.

Our players need to start being 'Smarter'. We've seen too many players either back into a player or move across them and just throw themselves to the floor at the smallest contact. When this happens to us we try everything to stay our feet and get nothing.

With the windass pen a smarter player would have cut across the defender and forced the foul.  

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I thought it was a stonewall penalty when watching live but not so sure now. My 8 year old says he thinks it wasn’t a foul and he loves Wednesday so maybe not. 

8 minutes ago, peggyowl said:

After what VAR has given this week that’s a penalty all day long.  Touched him from behind (ooo errrr) Affected his ability to shoot without contacting the ball.   

Not just VAR, referees too.  Preston and Leeds players (Davies and Bamford) felt a light touch and flung themselves down. Both got penalties yet that happens at EVERY single corner, multiple times. Preston get more penalties in a season than we get in a decade. It's infuriating. I watched EFL on Quest and almost all penalties, handballs and sendings off would not have been given 20 years ago. The refereeing is so inconsistent it's ridiculous.

• Like 3