Penalty Claim

It’s all about angles. At first it looked like a blatant penalty but then the tv replay showed there wasn’t much in it. The referee has only 1 angle and you can’t blame them for making a call, even if someone else has a better view. 

Thats why VAR was brought in; however the trouble with it is it takes that long to make decisions, most of which end up being wrong. Maybe wrong isn’t the best word, i think alot of the issues are down to the rule book which seems to be getting more and more pedantic each year. The one man utd conceded in their game yesterday, I’m not sure what else their defender could have done as his arm wasn’t in a ‘un natural’ position.

Kabasele has clipped his feet as he’s about to shoot, hard for the ref to see , looks like he just got outmuscled , but the defender is been outpaced and he’s clipped his heels at the last 

Penalty 

6 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Both Windass and Monk saying it was a stonewaller 

I have to say that from watching it in the moment and then viewing replays I don’t see it that way myself.

Looks like Windass came under a bit of pressure and tried to take the strike earlier than a normal stride would allow for and couldn’t sort his feet in time. 

Maybe there’s a different angle we haven’t seen, but interested to know other opinions...

Whether it was a penaty or not is irrelevant.

The corrupt, cheating, own rule bending EFL will have given the referees their instructions for the season. We will get nothing, the opposition will get everything. Anyone who thinks we're "only" fighting a 12 point deduction is naive in the extreme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steelman said:

Whether it was a penaty or not is irrelevant.

The corrupt, cheating, own rule bending EFL will have given the referees their instructions for the season. We will get nothing, the opposition will get everything. Anyone who thinks we're "only" fighting a 12 point deduction is naive in the extreme.

Give over man 

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I revoke everything I've said in this thread having seen the sorry excuse for a "penalty" that Chelsea were given yesterday.

Mmm-hmm.

You see them given.

When you have a tangle of legs and a defender getting nowhere near the ball, you're lucky to get away with it in the modern game. Just ask Odubajo.

Watched it numerous times and his heel gets clipped, so penalty for me as he's past the guy.

Windass tweets 'stonewall penalty' and not witnessed him diving etc. before, so I tend to believe the lad.

Bottom line, not awarded and don't think it will be the last decision to go against us.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 2