Penalty Claim

Penalty all day long for me. Would have been given against us without a doubt. Would have been a foul anywhere else on the pitch. 

I honestly believe we'd be better off with var. I reckon we have more go against us than for us and I'd like to see a season with it to judge. Then probably ask for it to be scrapped 😂 

Edited by latemodelchild
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Penalty all day long for me. Would have been given against us without a doubt. Would have been a foul anywhere else on the pitch. 

I honestly believe we'd be better off with var. I reckon we have more go against us than for us and I'd like to see a season with it to judge. Then probably ask for it to be scrapped 😂 

I was thinking this earlier when I watched some of the Premier League highlights from the weekend. Some of the penalties that are being given at that level now seem crazy, but judging by the same criteria, we should have had one on Saturday.

I guess we fans are always going to remember the ones which we feel should have gone our way and quickly dismiss the claims against us, though. As much as my gut instinct was to wish for VAR in the Championship, I'm not sure I want it in the game at all after seeing how they're abusing it at the top level.

14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I was thinking this earlier when I watched some of the Premier League highlights from the weekend. Some of the penalties that are being given at that level now seem crazy, but judging by the same criteria, we should have had one on Saturday.

I guess we fans are always going to remember the ones which we feel should have gone our way and quickly dismiss the claims against us, though. As much as my gut instinct was to wish for VAR in the Championship, I'm not sure I want it in the game at all after seeing how they're abusing it at the top level.

I strongly believe an appeal system would be the most sensible use of VAR instead of using it for every major event in a game — each side gets one appeal in each half, if they’ve already been used up then the ref’s decision is final and they have to get on with it regardless of how bad the decision might be. The way they’re using VAR in the PL is total overkill

22 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Can see his point of view now, at first I didn't think it was a penalty but that gives a different perspective.  But at the end of the day happy to go along with the refs decision. 

Definitely not a pen for me.

Look at the position of his foot, he’s going down because of that, not because of a trip

Dive, because he couldn’t sort out his feet to get a proper shot

Edited by McRightSide