RIP Johnny Quinn - THE MIGHTY QUINN

So sad, Johnny and Gerry both gone together within days of each other. Partners on the pitch and Partners in business.

Deepest Condolences to June and all the family. Much Loved by all his 50/60's fans. Was released by his Unit from National service on occasion to play for us. What a find he was. I remember being a little disappointed when he signed from (Prescott Cables ?) but I wasn't disappointed long. Over the years played every position other than goal. Also he was another unlikely Hat-Trick hero alongside Gerry.

Two lovely guys fondly remembered RIP.   

• Like 3

Some of my earliest memories as a Wednesday fan as a kid was going into Johnny and Gerry’s shop! The pair were true gentlemen. The pair of them were always so happy and friendly. As a young lad I had no idea who they were apart from the stories my dad would tell me, but the pair of them left a lasting impression on me long after they hung up their boots! Truly sad to hear this news and may they both rest in peace! 

4 hours ago, gizowl said:

Same here mate I was nearly seven, the Wednesday made me cry on cup final day, that Quinn song was my favourite . RIP J.QUINN x

Exactly the same here mate. That final was just a month before my 7th birthday. Wednesday made me cry that day and many times since (occasionally with tears of joy).

Quinn will always be a part of that story.

Wednesday legend.

RIP the Mighty Quinn

2 hours ago, Juan2 said:

I watched his whole career, watched him develop from a keen lad, a raw talent, into an exceptional footballer with a heart like a lion. Thanks for all the memories, Johnny. RIP.

Me, too. And like many, I wept all the way back from Wembley that day - and i was 25!

I sang many times you'll not see nothing like THE MIGHTY QUINN

Two close friends going together.R.I.P.

• Love 1

Aaahh, another one of my early Owls passes. Rest in peace Mighty One.

Known as a “utility player” as I remember which meant he was somewhat under valued in that era. He’d have been a  big star today.

You hope that some of the current team  might read these threads and see how players like Johnny and Gerry Young are so much more than transient names in a match day programme, they are the giants upon whose shoulders today’s Wednesday squad is privileged to stand.

Edited by Magic Rat
Grammar
  • Like 4