RIP Johnny Quinn - THE MIGHTY QUINN

7 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Quite a bit  talked here JQ was like a famed Brandy he got better with the passage of time. Jack Marshall moved JQ on to Rotherham no wonder Rotherham sang long and hard of the Mighty Quinn. Quinn had a slot down the left nailed on pushing in home games and more sitting in away games but the song released or not was sung on the Kop. Most were dumbfounded by his surprise transfer to Toytown and sadly we missed two years extended top service as the clubs slide accelerated. 

brown sold quinn ........

On 20/09/2020 at 09:21, @owlstalk said:

I knew Johnny well.

He was my landlord as I rented the flat above the sports shop on Middlewood Road

Johnny and Gerry Young would be in the shop all day and I'd nip down with a cup of coffee for a chat about all things Wednesday 

One thing I'll remember Johnny for the most though is that he was ALWAYS smiling

I've never once spent time with Johnny Quinn where he wasn't grinning, smiling and happy. 

He was also a very calm, very chilled man who was just really really nice bloke.

The fact that Johnny and is lifelong pal Gerry have passed within a few days of each other is fitting too. Two blokes who were inseperable.

RIP JOHNNY

Wonderful sentiments mate.

Fond memories of both and just an unbelievable shock, one after another.
I told my Dad about Mr Young, but he's too ill right now to even understand this, so i'll let him know when i can.

RIP Mr Quinn 

Edited by quinnssweetshop

14 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Yeah my Dad who’s 87 couldn’t believe they’d both died within a few days.

He did go on to tell me tales from the old days when players caught the tram home with fans and how he shook hands with the great Jackie Robinson.

Said this before I know so apols for being repetitive. After each home game Ron Springett travelled on the same train as us and every time he was inundated for autographs.  Never said no to any of us,not once and was a true gentleman.

Johnny Quinn was in the same category,decent and loyal.

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

On 20/09/2020 at 09:21, @owlstalk said:

I knew Johnny well.

He was my landlord as I rented the flat above the sports shop on Middlewood Road

Johnny and Gerry Young would be in the shop all day and I'd nip down with a cup of coffee for a chat about all things Wednesday 

One thing I'll remember Johnny for the most though is that he was ALWAYS smiling

I've never once spent time with Johnny Quinn where he wasn't grinning, smiling and happy. 

He was also a very calm, very chilled man who was just really really nice bloke.

The fact that Johnny and is lifelong pal Gerry have passed within a few days of each other is fitting too. Two blokes who were inseperable.

RIP JOHNNY

Fantastic post.

RIP the mighty Quinn.