RIP Johnny Quinn - THE MIGHTY QUINN

23 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Another like his mate Jerry who took a long time to win over the fans .that both eventually did says a lot about there character .....RIP johnny

Another player who was transformed by a change of position. Just as Torry says, he wasn’t initially everyone’s favourite  but he grew into his new roll and became outstanding .

So sad so soon after Gerry.

Another proper footballer and proper gent.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I knew Johnny well.

He was my landlord as I rented the flat above the sports shop on Middlewood Road

Johnny and Gerry Young would be in the shop all day and I'd nip down with a cup of coffee for a chat about all things Wednesday 

One thing I'll remember Johnny for the most though is that he was ALWAYS smiling

I've never once spent time with Johnny Quinn where he wasn't grinning, smiling and happy. 

He was also a very calm, very chilled man who was just really really nice bloke.

The fact that Johnny and is lifelong pal Gerry have passed within a few days of each other is fitting too. Two blokes who were inseperable.

RIP JOHNNY

Totally agree; bought all my son's trainers from Johnny and got a free football for being a good customer. Johnny and Gerry always have time for a chat. They were stalwarts of the first Owls team I remember. Both sadly missed. RIP

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I knew Johnny well.

He was my landlord as I rented the flat above the sports shop on Middlewood Road

Johnny and Gerry Young would be in the shop all day and I'd nip down with a cup of coffee for a chat about all things Wednesday 

One thing I'll remember Johnny for the most though is that he was ALWAYS smiling

I've never once spent time with Johnny Quinn where he wasn't grinning, smiling and happy. 

He was also a very calm, very chilled man who was just really really nice bloke.

The fact that Johnny and is lifelong pal Gerry have passed within a few days of each other is fitting too. Two blokes who were inseperable.

RIP JOHNNY

Remember it well.

Sad news. 😞