The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

1 minute ago, Buck Rogers said:

How many years of parachute payments do they get does anyone know?

Is it just the two?

I believe it is up to 4 years (if you don't go up), but the amount of money decreases year on year.

The Doncaster Rovers job is ripe for Wilder - he can finish off getting them promoted, and revel in playing in the pigs next season.

He doesn't have to move house, good team to work with and little expectation.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

£7 Million is the rumoured figure doing the rounds to pay Wilder off.

Can't see it When it was rumoured that Bruce was getting sacked he was getting 4 million in compo so 7 sounds a lot.. Also, I think it's usual that a manager will have a severance clause in their contract and if it's leaving by mutual consent the payment is less. Not sure tbh.

4 hours ago, vulva said:

I think some need to take the blue and white glasses off. You clearly don’t understand football if you think the job he’s done is ordinary. 

He’s done an incredible job, with bang average players such as Basham, Fleck, Sharp etc. 

He might not wear a smart jacket like Pep, and faff in about ‘stats’ all day, but the facts are he’s taken them from near the bottom of League 1, to last year 9th in the Premier league. In no time. Suffered this year, but he’s in a long line of managers at many clubs that have lost their jobs due to idiot owners.

I don’t warm to the bloke. He’s a Blade, I’m an Owl. That’s how it works. But to deny the quality of job he’s done is borderline childish. 

Completly agree mate, how anyone can call Wilder an "ordinary manager" having transformed them from a struggling League One side to 9th in the Prem is beyond me. Added to the fact it was largely the same group of players he worked with in League One

I don't particularly like the bloke but writing off his achievements is blinkered