The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

1 hour ago, Howards back said:

After reading that I feel a bit sick. 

Will Biggsy be at the virtual party serving them - everyone reveals in this 'all in it together' cultural, until it's becomes clear that they all don't get on really and business will always be the main driver rather than 'he's a fan' logic.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Hang on. Do they want to sack him or does he want to walk? Either way, how does he end up with 7 million quid? Surely if they sack him they don't have to pay that, and he can't walk out and claim it surely? If there's a clause in the contract that says either getting sacked or walking out earns someone 7 million then that has got to be either the best or worst contract ever depending on which side of it you're on. 

Or am I missing summat here? 

How long is his current contract for? Say it’s 3 more years, that would equate to about £46k/w.

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

How long is his current contract for? Say it’s 3 more years, that would equate to about £46k/w.

That would make some sense. Obviously it makes no sense that football people get paid their full contract amount when they fail. And make no bones about it, he has failed. Being a football manager has to be one of the sweetest gigs on the planet. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Is Biggs a blades fan then? Nowt wrong with that obviously, there's plenty of journos who support teams, but he seems genuinely heartbroken over this. 

Or is he a fan of wilder in the same way he's a fan of one of our ex chairmen? 

I always thought he was a Chesterfield fan. I suspect he saw Wilder’s initial success as an opportunity for him to ingratiate himself with a PL manager and, assuming his rise would continue, be in pole position for exclusives, scoops....

• Like 1

I think Biggs is a Chessie fan.

Actually think he has a soft spot for both Sheffield sides, though possibly with a preference to Dem Blades.

I'd imagine he's quite popular with most of the local managers and key figures, as he mainly writes puff pieces and rarely gets off the fence.

Jim Phipps trying to claim to be one of Dem Blades is so utterly cringe.

The rest of what he says is fair enough though.

Wilder clearly felt he was more important than anyone else at that football club. For the first four years, that was arguably the case. Not going to remain like that with such appalling results and recruitment.

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I always thought he was a Chesterfield fan. I suspect he saw Wilder’s initial success as an opportunity for him to ingratiate himself with a PL manager and, assuming his rise would continue, be in pole position for exclusives, scoops....

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

I think Biggs is a Chessie fan.

Actually think he has a soft spot for both Sheffield sides, though possibly with a preference to Dem Blades.

I'd imagine he's quite popular with most of the local managers and key figures, as he mainly writes puff pieces and rarely gets off the fence.

Yeah I always thought he was a chessie fan. Its weird how he seems to always be positive about certain managers or owners regardless of how well or badly they do. The stuff with wilder is really strange, almost like he's trying too hard to paint him in a positive light. Was the same with da even though chessie are down in the doldrums. Never seen any criticism of em whereas he is happy to criticise other individuals. Its like they're his mates or family or summat. 

21 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Yeah I always thought he was a chessie fan. Its weird how he seems to always be positive about certain managers or owners regardless of how well or badly they do. The stuff with wilder is really strange, almost like he's trying too hard to paint him in a positive light. Was the same with da even though chessie are down in the doldrums. Never seen any criticism of em whereas he is happy to criticise other individuals. Its like they're his mates or family or summat. 

It's just same with all media isn't it, Prince Harry was on about it, give them good access and you will have favourable write ups, same with football journalism I guess. 

55 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

£7 Million is the rumoured figure doing the rounds to pay Wilder off.

Nice to see Cwissy still being ever so humble and acting in the best interests of the club he loves: “I’m not leaving until I see the full £7m in my bank account.” 

Trouble for them is that Wilder had already bullied the Bogroll Prince into wasting all the Premier League cash including next year’s relegation bonus, so there’s nothing at all left in the coffers.  

Piganomics at its pigheaded best!

lol

• Like 1