Big Dave, on his way back

Guest mrbluesky

Lot of time for the big man, but........

It hardly inspires confidence in our recruitment team or strategic planning if we go on to sign a player we released “weeks” ago.........

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Has monk answered the question why Rhodes didn’t start? Not seen it covered anywhere.

Rhodes for me isn’t the type of striker that’s going to beat a man, or smash it in from 30 yards or bully centre backs or play up top on his own. He’s not a Fletcher. However give him a chance in the penalty box and some decent game time and he can contribute goals imo.

He's not really done much here in 3 years apart from one game where he was excellent. I can't see him changing that. It's a shame, I've supported him most of his time here but I've lost the faith. I really would love him to come good but we just don't play to his strengths

Edited by prowl
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

What a strange person you are, how is it a stupid post, it's very accurate what is stupid is silly Billy's coming on with their blue and white specs trying to convince themselves of just what a good player he was for us.

No it’s not accurate it’s your opinion. Every manager he has played for has used him. He has proven on numerous occasions to be a very impactful sub. I think the majority of our fan base understand football and can see what he brings to the team. I hope we do sign him up again. Even if you don’t like him, what other options do we have?

1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

No it’s not accurate it’s your opinion. Every manager he has played for has used him. He has proven on numerous occasions to be a very impactful sub. I think the majority of our fan base understand football and can see what he brings to the team. I hope we do sign him up again. Even if you don’t like him, what other options do we have?

There lays the problem, we have signed a striker with a worse track record than Dave and that's going some.

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

If I were Rhodes I would be trying to negotiate a early release from my contract and go and do some fishing or something.

I think he would struggle to get a game with today’s opponents 

I can't help thinking that if penalty-averse Rhodes went fishing, he'd hook a marlin and then chuck the rod into the sea.

Though I do think it's a definite possibility that Nuhiu will end up signing again, I'd be surprised that it would be with a whole month of the window still to go.

It can hardly be because we've exhausted our options, so it could only be due to a change of mind by Monk. If there's any truth in it, that is, because like I say, I wouldn't expect this to happen (if it does at all) until the final week of the window.

Guest Ferkorf
7 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

The fact he has the pace of a sloth and the turning ability of a Kingsley's coach may have something to do with it.

Kingsleys coffin lol

Now those were the days