Big Dave, on his way back

Guest mrbluesky

1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Is this just speculation or is it happening? I’d be more than happy to have Nuhiu back but we’d still need another one.

or two. Certainly I’d rather have Nuhiu than some of the journeymen suggested on here. He would give us that option from the bench, but I’d still be looking to add a bit more dynamism in the front areas. 
There is no way that Nuhiu, Windass and Kachunga will get the goals to keep us in the division, but having those three on the bench would give us different options if needed

• Like 2

8 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

There will be a meltdown of epic proportions but he would be handy to have about the place. He’s not the answer long term we know that but I’d have him as a squad man for next season. 

If you ever need a star post, write this, verbatim 😁

I obviously don't know what wages he was on (or would be asking for) - but if we don't have someone else lined up, and it isn't going to cost the earth, then we definitely should. He shouldn't be a regular starter, but useful to throw on as a sub, if we're losing or even if we're winning for the last 20.

Maybe I'm too sentimental, but I'd also be on the phone to Kieran Lee too. If we're going to be playing 3 in midfield and 50 games are being condensed into 8 months....

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

So the great clear out carries on full steam ahead. Perhaps we should jump in quick before FF and Hutchinson sign for watford

Clear out the players with a bad attitude. If you can find better than the players with a good attitude we had, by all means sign them up - but if you can't, I don't see the harm in one last dance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Clear out the players with a bad attitude. If you can find better than the players with a good attitude we had, by all means sign them up - but if you can't, I don't see the harm in one last dance.

Ah so the narrative has changed now. I thought it was about replacing CCs over the hill over paid old has beens with young hungry athletic players?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Django said:

Not for me

Ive watched him ambling about for 7 years now and I’ve seen enough 

Fair enough, but are we really in a position to show him the door? The fact that we didn’t play our only recognised striker against a league 2 side says it all. If we go into the cardiff game without a striker we will get battered. 

Please make it stop!

Could we get Lee Chapman, Kenwyne Jones or Andy Mac back while we are at it.

If big Dave is so good, why isnt there a queue of top European clubs looking to snap him up as a free agent?

Not even the mediocre clubs are rushing to secure the big galoot's signature.

The reason is that he is gash, always was, always will be and frankly stole a living while he was here.

For a bloke built like a house side who should be frightening centre halves to death with his physique alone he just doesnt cut the mustard as a centre forward or a target man. He's too slow, spends most of the game on his backside and his goals per season ratio is awful.

We need to move on people and sign strikers who are going to be a focal point of the team and most importantly can find the old onion bag 15-20 times a season.

This obsession with ex players is like hankering after an old girlfriend that dumped you when you were 15. Grow up, move on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Good god what has DC done to this club to have some fans wanting big Dave back?

Shockingly bad stewardship of the club. 

Can only hope once we are in League one a sensible owner might come along and start the very slow revival of this club we all love. 

DCs fault that some fans dont think the same as you .What strange comments.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Please make it stop!

Could we get Lee Chapman, Kenwyne Jones or Andy Mac back while we are at it.

If big Dave is so good, why isnt there a queue of top European clubs looking to snap him up as a free agent?

Not even the mediocre clubs are rushing to secure the big galoot's signature.

The reason is that he is gash, always was, always will be and frankly stole a living while he was here.

For a bloke built like a house side who should be frightening centre halves to death with his physique alone he just doesnt cut the mustard as a centre forward or a target man. He's too slow, spends most of the game on his backside and his goals per season ratio is awful.

We need to move on people and sign strikers who are going to be a focal point of the team and most importantly can find the old onion bag 15-20 times a season.

This obsession with ex players is like hankering after an old girlfriend that dumped you when you were 15. Grow up, move on.

Yes that's the only possible reason he hasn't been signed up lol.

Wonder if anybody has a minutes to goals stats of our strikers since he signed to see how he compares? 

That's without noticing what he contributes in build up play and dragging CB away to allow other striker more freedom.

11 minutes ago, pioowl said:

DCs fault that some fans dont think the same as you .What strange comments.

There's better than Nuhui out there but can we afford better? 

Probably not so if he's happy to sign for us again I'd be happy with it. 

3 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Yes that's the only possible reason he hasn't been signed up lol.

Wonder if anybody has a minutes to goals stats of our strikers since he signed to see how he compares? 

That's without noticing what he contributes in build up play and dragging CB away to allow other striker more freedom.

It's just over (the equivalent of)  three games per goal in terms of minutes played. I'll see if I can find the link. I remember if being better than Marcus Tudgay, the last player to score 50 goals for the club. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

He is a free agent, he can train with anyone to keep fit or for them to have a look at him. 

Actually I don't think he's allowed, Windass wasn't and was solo training before signing for us. 

It'll be some sort of covid bubble thing. 

Could you imagine the carnage if a non signed player, caused a covid problem and got a few games called off.