Big Dave, on his way back

Guest mrbluesky

9 hours ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

Be interesting to know how many people in this thread were at Elland Road last season. Monk is right to want young, dynamic players but we mostly need points. A proven point winner from the bench should be an obvious choice as things stand.

Disagree, we've enough benchwarmers drawing a first team salary (Rhodes, Reach...). I'd forgo his half a dozen 'impact sub' appearances a season for someone who is challenging for a starting spot in the first team for 30+ games. 

• Like 3

Guest mrbluesky
14 hours ago, erickpottsfc said:

Never cease to be amazed at the levels of disrespect shown on here at times.

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of social media!

Guest Therealrealist
9 hours ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

Be interesting to know how many people in this thread were at Elland Road last season. Monk is right to want young, dynamic players but we mostly need points. A proven point winner from the bench should be an obvious choice as things stand.

I was and i was there a couple of years b4 when he scored in the snow..probly one of my favourite ever wednesday goals..but still dont want him back

On 09/09/2020 at 12:06, hirstyboywonder said:

Fletcher scored a similar amount of goals in 2018-19 from only 9 more starts as Jos said he could only start games once every 2 weeks and he also scored 1 less in 2016-17 from 1 more start than he made last season.

I agree we need 2 better than Nuhiu, I am not so confident we will manage though and we certainly need 1 in soon rather than waiting to see what we are left with on transfer deadline day when we will already be 5 league games in.

i totally agree, and have done in ALL seasons past when we go to the well when everybody else has already drunk.

i do think this time c19 is playing, and will play a massive 'unknown' in the entire division, and league set up, unless a vaccine is found.

our carrying less wage weight, whilst ALL clubs have very little incoming finance may work in our favour, it maybe the season is not completed, it maybe some clubs do not survive?

On 09/09/2020 at 12:06, hirstyboywonder said:

Fletcher scored a similar amount of goals in 2018-19 from only 9 more starts as Jos said he could only start games once every 2 weeks and he also scored 1 less in 2016-17 from 1 more start than he made last season.

I agree we need 2 better than Nuhiu, I am not so confident we will manage though and we certainly need 1 in soon rather than waiting to see what we are left with on transfer deadline day when we will already be 5 league games in.

fletcher carried the forward line last year, in previous years he had at least 'some capable' support, last season he was on his own. 

learning from the last time nuhiu's contract was up and he found the scoring form of gerd muller, i have seen fox move from whipping boy, to fan's favourite, thus fletcher's best half season caught my eye too.

in these days of seeing your contract out, and negotiating a new one with whoever, playing your nuts off in the last season seems worth the effort.

10 hours ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

it should, BUT it hasn't, so i imagine the club is either so cash strapped we can't afford him, OR we plan to bring better in.

time will tell.