Best football chant of all time?

I always chuckled at the one that ended with, "Packet of sweets and a cheeky smile"(i'll not add the rest as not to offend anyone...). Would not go down well with the cancel culture or socially entitled groups but still amusing none the less.

1 hour ago, meggoisgod said:

Sunshine on Leith

Best ever...end of

Although I wanted Rangers to win, the video of Hibs fans singing this after the Cup Final is immense. Real spine tingler. So I agree.

The funniest I remember being sung to us was from Bristol City fans many years ago

I only read it in the Green un, as I like over 2.5k didn't get there due to the snow (our coach made it all the way to Prince of Wales Road and back in about 3 hours).

To the few hundred Wednesday fans who did manage to get there, as the snow continued to fall they chanted 

"One bed and Breakfast, there's only one bed and Breakfast, one bed and Breakfast" always amused me.

Our own funny ones that stick in my mind 

Are "she's got chlamydia" at Birmingham

And although a long time (and you had to be there) 

"We know, where you live, in them flats, in them flats" 

At the old Den.

The first time I actually laughed out loud at a football chant was about forty years ago when I first heard:-

oh I do like to be beside the seaside

oh I do like do like to be beside the sea

oh I do like to walk along the prom prom prom

when the brass band plays fizz off West Brom

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

I always chuckled at the one that ended with, "Packet of sweets and a cheeky smile"(i'll not add the rest as not to offend anyone...). Would not go down well with the cancel culture or socially entitled groups but still amusing none the less.

image.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

It's ridiculous that you can't accuse an innocent bloke of being a paedo without some bloody do-gooder getting in the way. 

To be fair, the accused in that case was found guilty.