Bully and Weaver join u23s

23 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Definitely demoted. Bit of a kick in the teeth for both really. Surprised they haven’t walked.

Walk into what though? I doubt their services are highly sought after by other clubs.

It will show how the u23's get on with Bully in full control. It may seem like a backward step but if his team does well it's all down to him.

It will give him the opportunity to sink or swim and show his qualities as a manager in his own right.

Good luck to him I say 

32 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Definitely demoted. Bit of a kick in the teeth for both really. Surprised they haven’t walked.

Why would you resign when you're still being paid? Besides, both have been elevated but it's a results business and changes needed to be made. Neither ought to complain and indeed both are fortunate to be working for a chairman who values loyalty.

• Like 1

I thought it was time Bullen went so we could freshen things up, however I’m pleased with this move. Should be a good steppingstone between first team and u23s. 

I don’t follow much for the u23s or u18s. Does anyone know if they play similar systems to the first team? Or completely different. 

Agree with those saying they did right to accept job. Neither of them would have had good offers of employment. A new broom will help get rid of old habits and loyalties that may have existed. 

I think they would accept first team roles at other clubs but genunely will be surprised if either of them leave for pastures new. Possible they may be running down contract.

53 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I hardly think that Mr C has reduced their Terms and Conditions. They are there to pick up the pieces if everything goes awry. A very nice position to be in. Secure employment in football is difficult to find especially well paid secure-ish employment.

Right decision, both were previously with the u23's and had a prolonged run in the first team set up. That experience will benefit the club and hopefully give greater cohesion developing youth players into first team contenders.

Good luck to them, pleased both have been retained.

16 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Any news on Thompson? Edit ; still with first team.

AS he was officially in charge of U/23s think this shows re-organisation has been given some thought. He has reputation as a good coach and since his absence from u/23s performances have deteriorated, I suspect Monk realises he had something to offer at first team level. 

• Like 1

Guest Smackavolley
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Who is Bullen taking over from as coach of the U23? 

Neil Thompson.

Andy Holdsworth stepped up from the U18's to cover last season. I imagine he'll revert back to managing the U18's.

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Who is Bullen taking over from as coach of the U23? 

It was officially Thompson who was U/23 manager. Last year I believe Steve Haslam had the role. He was the one who was nterviewed on performances of u/23 on Wednesday site. We have been low on staff since CC went with his entourage. Bruce brought in two and fitness guru and wwhen he left two went with him. Monk had an analyst join but we were short of staff in this area.In addition Andy Rhodes and Academy goal keeping coach have left in last couple of years so we were short in this area.

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

I mean Weavs stepped up after Andy Rhodes left, so he's just returned to that position, i'm guessing Monk would've told him that's what will happen.

Weavs is a local lad SWFC fan so will be happy to do so, would he want to move and find another team? doubt it.

Same with Bullen, settled in the area, fell in love with the club slight demotion however can't see him grumbling either.

Overall a very good move!

:duntmatter: