Bully and Weaver join u23s

Football is brutal so being “demoted” is better than being fired. Bullen and Weaver are important as it’s good to retain some continuity somewhere and a local link. For example Heckingbottom has been manager at some huge clubs but has taken an u23 role recently 

• Like 2

I do think the enthusiasm shown from being a big Wednesdayite will have a bigger influence on younger players than established Championship players.

So in that respect it makes sense.

I’m trying to be kind and diplomatic by the way. It’s the new me.

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Surely they won't pass for u23. 

They would both need a huge makeover to get rid of the worry lines. 

Moving away from first team duties will help slow down the aging process!

:image:

4 hours ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

I mean Weavs stepped up after Andy Rhodes left, so he's just returned to that position, i'm guessing Monk would've told him that's what will happen.

Weavs is a local lad SWFC fan so will be happy to do so, would he want to move and find another team? doubt it.

Same with Bullen, settled in the area, fell in love with the club slight demotion however can't see him grumbling either.

Overall a very good move!

'weavs'🤨 !

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

They will have known the score for 6 months 

This hasn’t just been thrown upon them when we found out

That's what I think.

It's widely accepted that Managers like to bring their own people with them. Once Monk got the job over him, Bully would have known he was on borrowed time.

I suspect that the U23 role was offered several weeks, if not months ago.

7 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

I think Bullen will leave at some point before the end of the season. He’s hinted before that he wants to have another crack at management. Will probably be in scotland somewhere, I know he was at Falkirk a few years ago but don’t think it went too well.

As for weaver, can see him staying as gk coach for some time to come.

Have you seen the Mrs, bully has in Sheffield or the business she has  ?.

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

Yes. I happen to know both of them. Nicola, his wife, ran the estate agents whilst he was up in scotland.

So why would he want to work in scotland he's got loads going for him here. As per my original point. 

Good move by the chairman and the club. Allowing Monk to have the tools and train set to have a go at it. I hope to see a reinvigorated team that has been freshened up with new faces. If it doesn’t pay off, Chansiri has the guys who know all about the club to fill in as backups if needed. 

Guest gizowl

Quite happy with the restructure, Monk has been backed with his own coaching set up and players of his choosing, fingers crossed he will now take us forward and give us the side that wears the shirt with pride and gives their all. I think Bullen is in his niche with the U23s

Good luck to them. Very difficult to know as an outsider if a coach is good or bad, but they were good players, have got a strong attachment to the club and clearly a number of our previous managers rated them or they wouldn't still have a job.

This also means that as well as playing every single position on the pitch, Bullen has now also been U-23s manager, coach, Assistant Coach and Manager for a stint. Can't be many who have done that.