Bully and Weaver join u23s

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Demoted 😳

Just monk keeping them away from the 1st team..whats wrong with that?

A good move. Easier to replace them later if they don't like the change and leave themselves. I think Bullen might like the change, he's probably happy to keep out of the limelight again in case our start is not 12 pts out of the first four matches.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I mean Weavs stepped up after Andy Rhodes left, so he's just returned to that position, i'm guessing Monk would've told him that's what will happen.

Weavs is a local lad SWFC fan so will be happy to do so, would he want to move and find another team? doubt it.

Same with Bullen, settled in the area, fell in love with the club slight demotion however can't see him grumbling either.

Overall a very good move!

• Like 1

Happy the coaching staff has been freshened up.

Always found how Bullen stayed on under 4 managers quite odd. Had he not been a former player I doubt that would have happened.

Although I do feel for Bullen in a sense. I think being demoted to the U23s is probably a bit of a kick in the teeth. 12 months ago he had a huge chance of getting the job at Wednesday, but he never really went out and said I want the job, you knew he wanted it but he seemingly sat on the fence when questioned about it.

Bet he wishes he had stuck his neck out now. 

• Like 1

Think it's a good move for Bullen and the club. Bullen will be good as a mentor and be able to keep the players grounded. He's been there seen it done it got the T-shirt and show them that it's not all about playing for the big boys you have to do the hard work to.make a career.

Edited by darra

I think Bullen will leave at some point before the end of the season. He’s hinted before that he wants to have another crack at management. Will probably be in scotland somewhere, I know he was at Falkirk a few years ago but don’t think it went too well.

As for weaver, can see him staying as gk coach for some time to come.

No disrespect to either but this is a good move in my opinion.

We can’t keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

If we are keeping Monk he deserves a fair crack it it with his own choice of coaches.

• Like 5