Bully and Weaver join u23s

I've always been on the opinion that there should be a playing style and ethos from the younger age groups all the way through to first team. 

Bullen and Weaver will help enhance this knowing full well what it takes to get there not just technically but physically and mentally too.

I'm sure this post may get plenty of "yeah if you like losing like Monks second half of the season yada yada yada" but the concept is sound and should instill a Wednesday mentality into the young 'uns

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Glad there both being kept on. I do think bullen will look to move on at some point though to have a crack at being a manager.

Not sure, think Bully is settled here and unlike a lot of players at his level is getting a regular income and still involved in football. Does he really want the merry go round life of a lower league manager.

7 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

I've always been on the opinion that there should be a playing style and ethos from the younger age groups all the way through to first team. 

Bullen and Weaver will help enhance this knowing full well what it takes to get there not just technically but physically and mentally too.

I'm sure this post may get plenty of "yeah if you like losing like Monks second half of the season yada yada yada" but the concept is sound and should instill a Wednesday mentality into the young 'uns

What is the playing style and ethos of Sheffield Wednesday currently?

13 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I suspect Bullen & Weaver are quite happy to be away from the pressure of first team football & dealing with the egos of senior professionals.

If that's the case then they were definitely in the wrong job last season.

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Definitely demoted. Bit of a kick in the teeth for both really. Surprised they haven’t walked.

Where would they walk to? 

Why would either want to leave highly paid jobs in an economic crisis about to get seriously worse?

This seems similar to the idea that players would not want to come here, despite large pay packets.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What is the playing style and ethos of Sheffield Wednesday currently?

That's my point there isnt one, hasnt been one for years we've been so disjointed.

But who is to say that behind the scenes Monk hasn't pitched this to all the coaching staff - recruitment, tactics, restructure? This is why Bullen and Weaver have accepted the roles because they've seen a club vision? Have bought into this vision.

Of course there is nothing to say there is, but call me optimistic however it's just one version of events that may have transpired since the season ended

1 hour ago, HarryPlopper said:

Let's be honest, Monk probably has under 12 months left at this club, and when he leaves so will these he has just brought in.

Bullen is a wily character, he knows he will outstay Monk and will probably step up yet again.   

That's the spirit.

I really love these feel good stories.

9 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

That's my point there isnt one, hasnt been one for years we've been so disjointed.

But who is to say that behind the scenes Monk hasn't pitched this to all the coaching staff - recruitment, tactics, restructure? This is why Bullen and Weaver have accepted the roles because they've seen a club vision? Have bought into this vision.

Of course there is nothing to say there is, but call me optimistic however it's just one version of events that may have transpired since the season ended

Fair enough, given Monk couldn't decide on what was the best style for what he had last season though, I doubt he will have settled on a strategy to implement across the club without seeing what works next season first but as you say there is at least a channel of some continuity in terms of getting the message across the teams. 

Not sure Bullen will be overly happy to move to under 23's having spent so long in the first team set up, time will tell if he looks at options elsewhere but he does also have his business interests in the city to consider.

Weaver has gone back to the role he originally signed up for not too long ago so think that is not such a big shift for anyone. 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair enough, given Monk couldn't decide on what was the best style for what he had last season though, I doubt he will have settled on a strategy to implement across the club without seeing what works next season first but as you say there is at least a channel of some continuity in terms of getting the message across the teams. 

Not sure Bullen will be overly happy to move to under 23's having spent so long in the first team set up, time will tell if he looks at options elsewhere but he does also have his business interests in the city to consider.

Weaver has gone back to the role he originally signed up for not too long ago so think that is not such a big shift for anyone. 

I hope beyond hope he has, I'm an eternal optimist though (despite supporting us which logic would dictate I shouldn't be!)

Agree about Weaver I'm not sure about Bullen, Monk has obviously identified a weakness in first team coaching so I'd give him (Monk) the benefit of the doubt and hope it has been based on forward planning

I appreciate theres a lot of hope in there but hope is what carrys a lot of us fans on

Weaver and Bullen are fixtures and fittings 

Thats Weaver, Bullen and Stevie Haslam all involved with the youth set up,  old boys club